Advice Please. Over-median in Ohio and will be 2nd time around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the reality beat-down!

I am just barely passing the means test, so it is very scary for me to be risking being dismissed with prejudice, pitting me up against the wolves to eat me alive with judgments, etc., when I will need to be taking care of my family.

Is there anything that you suggest I do to help my chances?

Comment

Originally posted by BrokeToo View Post
      Thank you for the reality beat-down!

I am just barely passing the means test, so it is very scary for me to be risking being dismissed with prejudice, pitting me up against the wolves to eat me alive with judgments, etc., when I will need to be taking care of my family.

Is there anything that you suggest I do to help my chances?
      I'm not an attorney and I'm new to this but here are some of my suggestions....

1. Use your county's free legal services and get a court order for child support.
      2. When there was the risk of me not passing the means test, my attorney suggested that I buy a junker ($500) car before I filed because you get to claim a bunch of expenses for each car you own per month.
      3. Pre-pay more income taxes. (this one might be iffy, ask your attorney)
      Chapter 7 Filed: 2/24/10
      341 Meeting: 3/23/10
      Deadline for Objections: 5/24/10
      Discharged and closed: 5/29/10

Comment

Buy a term life insurance policy. As a new father, that would be a prudent thing to do.

Lower your collision and comprehensive deductibles on your auto insurance - you won't have a credit card to fall back on and buying a new car during/after a BK can be difficult.

Buy replacement value renter's insurance. In a fire or disaster it is the difference in the red cross handing you a baggie with a comb and toothbrush in it so you can bunk down in the high school gym versus sleeping in a hotel until you get your insurance check to purchase new clothing and household goods in a new apartment.

No, I don't sell insurance. Good luck!!
        ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
        Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Ummmm...Valley, how did you dig this thread up? It's nearly 3 years old!
          Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
          0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X