Closed accounts after filing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closed accounts after filing

Yikes, I was reading a bit on the forum about the closing of accounts. Wow, maybe I messed up as I didn't ask my attorney about closing these accounts after my filing. I know you are supposed to report any closed accounts or open accounts on the day that you file. But I didn't know it was to also continue until after the discharge.

This is my scenario and how this is going to affect my case ultimately. I have a good reason to close the accounts. The accounts were bare minimum anyway and only had 12 dollars total combined in checking account and savings account. What prompted me to close the accounts are this and can tell the Trustee at my creditor meeting on April 1st. I just hope he doesn't frown on this. Why would he waste his time on frying small fish as there are other bigger fish to fry and I assume that the BK Trustees are more interested in catching someone who is intentionally hiding stuff, fraud, etc.

This is what happened. I kept watching my checking account and savings account although they were totally inactive for almost 3 weeks after I filed Chapter 7. As I watched my accounts and being on a very very limited income, I didn't want to chance the fees involved in keeping the accounts open and also I found charges from an unknown company that I couldn't find and reach that was charging fees to my checking account every month of I think 20 bucks. I tried to locate the company that was taking this money every month and couldn't find them to stop and find out who they were. Since I could not stop the automatic payments on my checking account, I didn't want to continue racking up overdraft fees and paying for something I didn't authorize. I closed out my savings account because of the fees also involved with it. I closed both accounts out about 3 or 4 weeks after filing my Chapter 7.

I hope this doesn't screw anything up.

if you are filing a 7, i would think your fine. don't mention it. in fact, don't mention anything or offer any info not asked for. if asked, explain as you did here, TT's are reasonable, just don't bs them. good luck

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X