Attorneys- How can you check?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attorneys- How can you check?

Does anyone know how you can check an attorney to see what you might be hiring. Is there a site beside the BBB to go and check on complaints, references etc.

I have had 2 of the 4 scheduled consultations so far and they seem the same. Is price for service a good way to gauge? How much is an average ch 7 supposed to cost? Does more expensive mean better attorney?

Over the median and so far both have said Chapter 7 is the way to go. I am negative DMI by about $900 a month. Two more on Monday.

Thanks for all your help.

ST
    Filed 7 - 7/8/10, 341 - 8/17/10 - Continued, Presumption of Abuse Filed - 8/27/10
    Report of No Distribution 9/27/10. Discharged 2/7/11 Closed 02/25/1
    10/12 EXP. 681

Read these blog posts, they will help you understand some of what you are asking.

There is no attorney rating system per se. Martindale Hubble reviews attorneys but that is much more geared toward corporate and business practice.

In BK particularly, there is wide variation in service level between BK attorneys. Not all firms practice in the same way. In "general" the more expensive the attorney the better service, but you need to ask the right questions so you understand what exactly you are paying for. Read the above blog posts.

Comment

Thanks HHM for the link. I wish I would have seen that before my appointment yesterday, those were all good questons I never thought of.

This will be good info for Monday however.

Thanks Again.
      ST
      Filed 7 - 7/8/10, 341 - 8/17/10 - Continued, Presumption of Abuse Filed - 8/27/10
      Report of No Distribution 9/27/10. Discharged 2/7/11 Closed 02/25/1
      10/12 EXP. 681

Comment

Call your state bar, give them the attorney's name, and ask if there have been or are any disciplinary actions against them.

Also, Google the attorney name and state. That could bring up stories, links, or other comments about them (RipOff Report, etc.).

Originally posted by screentest View Post
        Thanks HHM for the link. I wish I would have seen that before my appointment yesterday, those were all good questons I never thought of.

This will be good info for Monday however.

Thanks Again.
        ST

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X