Calls suddenly stopped from creditors, do they know I am filing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calls suddenly stopped from creditors, do they know I am filing

I went for my consultation last week with my lawyer and am filing tomorrow. For months and months I have gotten minimum of 5-6 calls a day from creditors. All of a sudden last Friday, Saturday, and today, I had 0 total. Is it obvious they know something is up?

Second question is how many days after I file will I get a notice of when the 341 meeting will be?

Originally posted by opster View Post
    I went for my consultation last week with my lawyer and am filing tomorrow. For months and months I have gotten minimum of 5-6 calls a day from creditors. All of a sudden last Friday, Saturday, and today, I had 0 total. Is it obvious they know something is up?
    How could they know? Have you told them? How would they know you have been for a consultation and why would they stop calling just because of that?

Second question is how many days after I file will I get a notice of when the 341 meeting will be?
    Usually less than a week. Sometimes it comes out the same day on Pacer.
    Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

How long has it been since you last made payments. If they have started sending them to the collection agencies there is usually a time when they aren't calling between companies.

Comment

Originally posted by Depressed View Post
        How long has it been since you last made payments. If they have started sending them to the collection agencies there is usually a time when they aren't calling between companies.
        No I had multiple credit cards and they sent them to collection agencies 5-6 months ago. I was thinking that maybe my lawyer called them for final numbers or something and they realized I was gonna file bankruptcy. No I never talked to any of my creditors ever and it has been about a year since I stopped paying my credit cards.

It is just eerily coincidental they stop calling 3-4 days before filing bankruptcy. And even though it is the weekend, that is usually when I get a large bulk of my calls, even on Sunday hard to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by opster View Post

Your attorney may very well have contacted them, espeically since you are filing very soon and your attorney has all the info alreaedy. I'm not sure of this. But I know when I hired my attorney, he sent out notices. He then gave me a sheet to keep track of any calls made to me or any family members by creditors, letters, and so forth and then to give it to him because apparently the firm will file suit against them for it. The law firm I hired is extremely aggressive with creditors and don't mess around. I had a bit of a problem about a week ago. I contacted the law firm and they sent a very very nasty letter to them.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X