Had a bunch of registered letters that I had missed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a bunch of registered letters that I had missed

I use a PO box as my mailing address. I had been away for a few months, and when I got my mail, I had a bunch of receipts for registered letters - all had expired (15 days after hitting the local PO), so I was not able to receive those letters, and the post office does not keep any record of the sender.

I'm wondering what those letters were about. I mean, of course they had something to do with my failure to make payments, but what do you think was in those letters? Could I be in some type of contempt by not checking my mail frequently enough. I did pick up the telephone every once in a while, so it was not like I was trying to avoid them. They would typically ask me for my mailing address - I would tell them that it still the PO box - so I am wondering if they were trying to locate me for some official letter (perhaps to sue?)

Since they could not locate me to serve me any letter (registered or in person) before I got back, and I filed immediately once I got back, it seems that like it is a moot point.

Perhaps I stumbled upon a great way to avoid contact?

I had BofA sending letters by Fedex next day air. They must of thought that after me not paying them for 6-7 months that would make me start. I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Depressed View Post
      I had BofA sending letters by Fedex next day air. They must of thought that after me not paying them for 6-7 months that would make me start. I wouldn't worry about it.
      BofA did the same thing to us after not paying for 3 months.
      Filed Ch.7 on 03/17
      Statement of Presumed abuse filed 707(b) 05/03
      Statement of Non-Abuse filed!!
      Discharged 06/23/10

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X