No announcement yet.

Katrina Devestated Area & Trustee Meeting ?? "s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just another thought-if you file a motion to convert to a 13, and that motion is approved, then it would be easy to get the 13 dismissed if you should reach a decision that you wanted to. (By not making the monthly payment.)

It would take you back to square one, but in the end, you would be wiser.
    Most of my information is from personal experience or HOURS and HOURS of online research. When you're searching online, keep in mind there is no guarantee that the info is completely up to date, and your situation is unique from anyone else's. Do your homework, and consult with an attorney so you can make an informed decision.

Comment

The pacer states that there is an objection to our discharge. Does it always say that prior to all info. being turned in?

Comment

It would show anything filed with the court. Does it say objection to your overall discharge, or is it a creditor objecting to a particular debt?
        Most of my information is from personal experience or HOURS and HOURS of online research. When you're searching online, keep in mind there is no guarantee that the info is completely up to date, and your situation is unique from anyone else's. Do your homework, and consult with an attorney so you can make an informed decision.

Comment

It shows the following:

Objection to Discharge Due Oct. 18, 2005 and Due Set March 7, 2006

and then it shows that the 341 meeting was filed 10/18/05 for 01/06/06
          Last edited by rimi2001; 01-09-2006, 09:44 AM.

Comment

I'm not sure-I can't tell from that if an objection was filed, or if that is just the deadline. (Each bk filed should have an objection deadline ~60 days after the 341 for standard creditors and several months later for 'government claims' though I don't really know what claims the government could have.)

Comment

Stacci,
              Sounds like its just the listing of when her 341 meeting is and when the last day for objections is from the creditors.
              Possible that the trustee has asked for an extension on the day of objections also.......... while she looks over what she/he is trying to take as assets...

Yes, the trustee is entitled to take any cash funds that you have on hand the day you file bankruptcy.... doesn't make any difference that you have experienced a hurricane.. (not that the trustee really cares)...

As far as the income from the lawsuit, this you really need to discuss with an attorney and see what your options are, as many "injury cases" cannot be touched by the trustee.... You did not say what kind of lawsuit it was, or I didn't notice that you did.

Often a Chapter 13 will protect your assets - but in your case you have NONE - only cash from an insurance payout - is what I understand (right?)....
              Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X