If I get a job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I get a job

If I get a job before the 341 what happens?

I know they ask about "has anything changed?" and I would answer honestly of course. There is a very good chance even with a fulltime job our income would still be below median. (My husband works fulltime and I work parttime right now).

Do I just list childcare expenses and maybe some clothing expenses that were not originally in our budget to explain away the increased income so there is no DMI?

The attorney said, "go live your life, don't worry about anything now" when we filed and I know that's not exactly true. There ARE things that can happen between now and discharge to change our filing, right?
    attorney consult and decided to file, 02/15/2010
    no-asset Chapter 7 filed, 03/11/2010
    341, 05/10/2010
    discharged, 07/13/2010

Originally posted by blessed View Post
    If I get a job before the 341 what happens?

I know they ask about "has anything changed?" and I would answer honestly of course. There is a very good chance even with a fulltime job our income would still be below median. (My husband works fulltime and I work parttime right now).

Do I just list childcare expenses and maybe some clothing expenses that were not originally in our budget to explain away the increased income so there is no DMI?

The attorney said, "go live your life, don't worry about anything now" when we filed and I know that's not exactly true. There ARE things that can happen between now and discharge to change our filing, right?
    I would listen to your attorney. He sees all the numbers (income, expenses, etc) and knows what works in your district. Since you are already working part time, finding a full time job may not do much harm to your income vs expenses. (As you said, there will be more daycare costs, more in the clothing allowance, etc.)

Good luck to you!
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

your attorney is right.

only if you get inheritance or life insurance in the next few months would you need to report it to the trsutee. if you just get a job, it's your fresh start, and yours to keep.
      filed ch7 May 09
      341 june 09
      discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X