X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chase banking account

Hi All,

I am looking to file Ch7 soon,
    I have been reading and am a little confused.

I currently have both a union bank of california checking account as well as a chase checking account.

Do i need to close my Chase and Union Bank and sign up for a credit union account?

Is it true that al the money in my chase checking will get frozen>?

Please advise....
    Thanks!!

Okay do you have any cc with them??? CU's I understand ... if you owe money they will freeze your account. Or even take the money owed out of your account.

I signed up for a new bank account at Chase because its the only place I DONT OWE MONEY!!! And closed the others. Keep statements of those accounts handy cuz TT might ask for them. And you will have to report the bank accounts closed within the past year I think.

Comment

damm,
      yea i got a CC with them....

I just signed up for them in the past 8 months for the checking account to get the free $125

do you recomend me using a ING direct account?

Thanks!

Comment

What I would be worried about is "cross collateralization". That is the small fine print on the application you sign for the cc. Some cc have it and some dont. It states that it can take moneys owed from your account. I dont know much about ING direct account. Just go someplace you dont owe money to.. And make sure they are not affilated with people you owe. Just to be safe.

Comment

Just use a bank you don't have any credit accounts with.
          filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X