top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About to have my hearing, mid divorce too, she says her attorney is attending?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About to have my hearing, mid divorce too, she says her attorney is attending?

I'm about to have my hearing for chapter 7, i'm mid divorce as well.. filing single, because since we were married, all the debt, credit, house, was in my name alone.. the house was purchased after we got married, so in PA, its technically a marital asset.

I'm keeping the house, as we all still live there still.. i'm also keeping the car payment. She gets monthly apl, court order says i must pay household goods, in addition to the money she gets each month.

I had mentioned to her i may throw the house in, havent decided yet.. i actually was told i can do this at any point, even after the hearing.

Suddenly my bank. attorney gets calls from her attorney telling them that the debt was in both our names (not true) and mentions that part of foreclosing on the house (i think cause he feels its a violation of the apl order, which my div. attorney says its not)..

So my question is, what point would he have in attending my hearing? Is he truly allowed? Maybe just to keep me from throwing the house in during the hearing or to stop it all together.

Originally he kept pressing for my div attorney to have me do joint, but she barely has any debt, so i went onto do single.

Any thoughts or experiences here?

Thanks

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X