top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Los Angeles, California -- Received Summons in mail AFTER court date?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Los Angeles, California -- Received Summons in mail AFTER court date?!?

First post to this wonderful site!

Quick Background: I am actor/filmmaker in LA area. Stopped paying on business/personal unsecured debt in early 2008. Moved. Changed phone #. Surprisingly, no phone calls, no mail. But, I kept PO box with all debt correspondence. Then, Mid-2009 a summons arrived - AT NEW APARTMENT - after the date of my court appearance. Creditor fabricated information (that I'd signed on a personal delivery -- which I obviously didn't.)

I've done nothing on this because there's nothing to take. Sold off everything years ago and I go job to job on acting gig's. I understand the "judgement proof" or "judgement" conundrum... so, I'll probably file BK at some point and move on, but coming on 2+ years now...

Question: DO I HAVE ANY LEGAL STAND SINCE I WAS NEVER SERVED & COURT DOCUMENTS ARRIVED AFTER COURT DATE?

Thank you in advance for any responses.

I would go to the attorney general's office and file a complaint of forgery on the summons. This is a felony, and as such would de facto rollback any default judgement.

Comment

Thanks JackBondLove...

I've found through some internet research that the law office that filed has pulled this many, many times before. Much negative info. about office on net.

Comment

Spoke w/attorney: It's called "sewer services." They try to serve you -- don't actually, play the numbers that it's not worth your time/money to "quash" judgment. Attorney gets judgment for client -- in this case Citibank.

I did file a complaint with Attorney General and State Bar... thanks again!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X