No announcement yet.

BofA Ultimatum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a good laugh: "game is up"??? LOL (literally). Good advice. I am easily intimidated these days. Can't wait to be done and get grounded again. This entire effort has certainly been educational, I have to say. And not in a good way. :-))

Originally posted by liz417 View Post
    Oh, I was given plenty of "deadlines" and "if I don't call back before such and such time tonight" it was the "last straw" and a voicemail was once left that said, "Ms. Liz417, your game is up..." (this one had me a little concered) blah, blah blah...don't let them intimidate you into filing before you are ready.

Comment

Yes, I laughed too (although, not at that moment), I think they were referring to "your game is up" because every time they would call, I told them I was filing BK next month, next month turned into a year

Hang in there...this BK will be over before you know it
      May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
      May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
      May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
      9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

It's all scare tactics. They'll sell your debt to a collection agency (Charge-off) and give them about 6 months to collect before suing. You don't have to worry until you get a Summons. Not talking to them is the best way to string it out. Telling them you have an attorney might encourage them to sue sooner.

Comment

Good to know! I have not called them.

Originally posted by qsr View Post
          It's all scare tactics. They'll sell your debt to a collection agency (Charge-off) and give them about 6 months to collect before suing. You don't have to worry until you get a Summons. Not talking to them is the best way to string it out. Telling them you have an attorney might encourage them to sue sooner.

Comment

I have three creditors, one of which is BOA. They were very persistant in calling, as you might imagine. They've also texted me (it was free and allowed me to opt out of future texts, which I did), emailed me, and sent letters in the mail.

I spoke to them on Monday about an hour after I left my lawyer's office and told them exactly what the lawyer told me to. Within a few more hours the other two creditors had called.

All of them were happy to take the lawyer's information and all three told me they'd take me off the call lists and would get any further info from the lawyer.

Three days of zero phone calls has been amazing!

I think it's worth it to at least try. What's one more phone conversation? If that ten minutes out of your day will keep them from contacting you again and perhaps buy time before they file a lawsuit, that's worth it to me.

Best of luck.
            A mom on the Gulf Coast of FL filing CH7 and blogging about it. http://chapter7beforeandafter.blogspot.com

Retained Lawyer: 4/5/10. Filed: 6/17/10. 341: 7/21/10. Discharge Date: TBA

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X