top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I need to be behind on my car payments in order to be able to claim it in a 7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I need to be behind on my car payments in order to be able to claim it in a 7?

We just paid the lawyer off and we are getting the ball rolling. I got a phone call from the lawyer today telling me to stop paying on the car because we are claiming it in the bk and we want to show we are behind on it. The problem is, we NEED the car right now. We need it so we show less disposable income, and we don't have another car yet. Maybe I miss understood her, I don't know. I thought you could keep paying on the car up until you are ready to surrender it. We would like to hang on to it for now or at least until we get through our meeting of creditors.

They cannot take the car until you are discharged. If you're going to get rid of the car then keep the money so you can save for a new one.

Logan

Comment

If you are behind on payments they only need to file for 'relief of stay' and after the hearing they can take the car before discharge.

Comment

Originally posted by biotechsolution View Post
        If you are behind on payments they only need to file for 'relief of stay' and after the hearing they can take the car before discharge.
        Thanks for correcting me.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X