Updated IRS Expense Allowances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated IRS Expense Allowances

Does anyone know where to find these? I read that new allowances came out March 15th. There's probably a link somewhere here...if I could just find it!

Filed Chapter 7 April 29th, 2010
    341 June 1st, 2010
    Report of No Distribution June 2nd, 2010
    Discharged and Closed 8/10/2010

Comment

Great! Thanks much.

Comment

You're welcome.
        Filed Chapter 7 April 29th, 2010
        341 June 1st, 2010
        Report of No Distribution June 2nd, 2010
        Discharged and Closed 8/10/2010

Comment

hmm just read that, so for CA household of 3, maximum allowable for mortgage is only $1,300? My current mortgage now is $2,400.00 a month so does this mean $1,100.00 extra is not counted for my expenses?
          Retained lawyer: 3/30/10
          Filed Ch. 7: 4/07/10
          341 Meeting: 5/19/10
          Discharged: 7/26/10

Comment

RE: OutofTime

You'll be able to use what your "actual mortgage" is on your petition. That is what saves most of us and gets us into a ch 7...a larger mortgage.
            May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
            May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
            May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
            9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

The Nolo Means Test site says that you get to exempt the full amount of your mortgage...Drats, I don't have one...On the other hand, renting here in my area costs MUch more than the allowance.
              Geez
              Last edited by ColoradoBell; 04-07-2010, 11:09 PM.

Comment

I just looked at these again, and unless I was really really tired last night when I read it... the housing and utilities for our area went UP almost $500?

Do the numbers really adjust that much?

Comment

I don't know where you are getting your info, but I saw 1,778 for ONE is now allowable for 'housing and utilities' in LA County. It goes by County, I think. See link provided earlier in this thread to look up allowances for your area.

Originally posted by OutofTime View Post
                  hmm just read that, so for CA household of 3, maximum allowable for mortgage is only $1,300? My current mortgage now is $2,400.00 a month so does this mean $1,100.00 extra is not counted for my expenses?

Comment

I just looked up our area and those figures really don't seem reasonable for a family of 5 or more. Rent/Mortgage and Utilities around $800 for our neighboring county and around $1000 for our county. Obviously way less than most mortgages but also less than what it would cost for rent & utilities. For 5 or more you would need at least a three bedroom home to rent/own. Add on at least $300 in utilities a month (all utilities-electric/gas, phone, cable/internet if needed, etc.) and there is no way it would come close to what that list states. A normal rent will cost you between $1000-$1300/month and that is in one of the cheapest towns in our county. Unless you don't mind living in the really dangerous areas of town, of course.
                    Filed Chapter 7: Feb. 9, 2012
                    341 Meeting: March 14, 2012
                    Discharged & Closed: May 21, 2012

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X