top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stolen ATV...was going to turn it in..now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stolen ATV...was going to turn it in..now what?

In CA.
    An atv that I have a loan on and planned to turn in at my time of filing was stold. Unfortunately, I have no insurance on it. What happens now?

Make sure you file a report with the police.
    Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
    Attended 341 September 2010
    Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

Comment

Originally posted by keepinitreal View Post
      Make sure you file a report with the police.

Thanks, yes, I did that.
      Will I still be able to discharge this loan now that I have nothing to turn in? I thought I read somewhere that in order for the court to discharge a secured debt the property had to be turned in to the creditor.

Comment

Most secured vehicles require for you to carry insurance. Did you have any?

And..... make SURE that you've got that police report.
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

No, I'm embarrassed to say I let my insurance on them lapse.

Comment

You will want to discuss this with your attorney. Because you may not be able to discharge this debt since you let the insurance lapse.

Comment

Originally posted by helpmeout View Post
              You will want to discuss this with your attorney. Because you may not be able to discharge this debt since you let the insurance lapse.
              Hmm, if my income situation doesn't change it would be a debt I can't afford to pay....after BK. I don't have an attorney yet. Does anyone else know anything about this?

Comment

Originally posted by AllMyFault View Post
                Hmm, if my income situation doesn't change it would be a debt I can't afford to pay....after BK. I don't have an attorney yet. Does anyone else know anything about this?
                I have to agree with what the others have said above. Unfortunately the ability to pay a debt does not always determine if we end up with it on our shoulders anyhow.

Hopefully you are aware that most attorneys offer free consultations regarding BK. I suggest you make a few appointments and talk to a couple of them. You could explain the situation and see what they have to say. It certainly can't hurt.
                8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
                11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X