When will this be over?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When will this be over?

Perhaps there should be a new section on what happens between the discharge and closing for an asset case. We were discharged back in January 2010, and are still awaiting closing. As far as I know the only asset we have is our tax return of $2700 which the Trustee acquired the beginning of March, yet we still are not closed. I feel like even though we are discharged, my life is still on hold. $500 of thar refund was our EIC, which we were told we would receive back, or at least part of it and have not. What else has to happen for our case to close? I just picture our file sitting on a desk with hundreds of other BK cases waiting to close. Is there someone I can contact to find out the status? PACER just continues to be unchanged since our discharge and I just want this all behind us, but I don't feel like we can really move on until it is closed. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

What district are you in? That depends on how soon you will close. The courts are so backed up. I can understand totally how you feel, I was a "Pacer" watcher until we were discharged and closed. It was like waiting for an egg to boil. Just keep in mind, this too shall pass. You're past the hardest part which for me was the actual decision to file.

It sounds like you're done, it's just a matter of the "system" catching up.
    Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
    341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
    Discharged: 11/30/2009
    Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

We are in Oregon. Everything went according to schedule with our discharge etc...Our attorney has been very helpful and I know that this part is just an administrative issue, it would just be nice to have it done. I am sure there are alot bigger cases out there being dealt with and ours is trivial in the grand scheme of things, I just wish I knew more. I know that our debts have been wiped clean, but there is still that nervousness knowing that it isn't closed yet and our life is still somewhat on hold. Anyone else in Oregon?

Comment

Sometimes, especially since you were discharged in January, it is possible to nicely call your district's clerk and inquire. I have read about others doing that on this forum and the closing occurring immediately, sometimes even over the phone and showing up on Pacer since everything logged into Pacer is in "real time". I also don't think it would be pushy for you to make such a call since it is now basically mid-April. But there are others on here who have waited longer than you. In my district it seems to run about 30 days after the 60 days for discharge with most of the closings happening the same day but not all. Again, all just administrative. At least you got your "Discharge" posted on there. Many are well past their 60 without that updated......But if it were me, I'd call. I think you have patiently waited and it would not be intrusive or rude.
        Bobby

Comment

Another thing is to check Pacer and see if the TT has filed his request to be relieved now that he has completed attaching your assets. That may be the hang up. They won't close the file until that happens.
          Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
          341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
          Discharged: 11/30/2009
          Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X