top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Almost Ready to File; Maybe Job Offer? Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost Ready to File; Maybe Job Offer? Help!

I can't take much more of this. Can't get through to the attorney to ask so will ask here. Earlier today, we went over the 'final' numbers on the petition. It's almost done. Maybe filing in another week, two weeks max.

Question: My unemployment has ended and I am scrambling. I have a bead on a long-term temp job. And, no, it's not been offered to me yet, but IF IT IS, how would this effect the BK?

I am reporting unemployment income on the petition of roughly $2 grand per month, which ran out the end of March. We're filing in April. so reporting March income. The long-term temp job would bring in (before taxes) maybe $2700 per month.

So would this be a problem for the BK? Because I would be making more than reported even before we have set the date for a creditor's meeting?

I'm sure you and the lawyer can make it work. If anything file ASAP.
    Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

As long as you file before starting the new job, you are fine.

Comment

Yea but what happens at the 341 meeting it/when the TT asks if anything has changed with his income since filing?

Comment

Originally posted by ready2puke View Post
          Yea but what happens at the 341 meeting it/when the TT asks if anything has changed with his income since filing?
          Well tell the truth...but I doubt it will change things.
          Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

Originally posted by nc73 View Post
            Why do you say this? Because they will see that I am flat broke and not making much, even if it is 'more' than I was getting on unemployment? I don't have an offer yet, but have a lead that I am following up on.

Comment

Originally posted by nc73 View Post

Law firm got back to me and they agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by ApresMoi View Post
                Law firm got back to me and they agree with you.
                which means just one thing: this forum is fantastic!

i would have said the same thing: the difference between your unemployment and the job you would be getting is quite small, and it's not some huge salary or anything - definitely under median for practically anywhere. so it wouldn't make any difference

now just enjoy for a moment the fact that you have job prospects!
                filed ch7 May 09
                341 june 09
                discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X