Blocking SS# and A/C#s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blocking SS# and A/C#s

I know there have been a few posts about this, but I want to make sure I understand.

The atty will redact the bank account #s in the petition (they list only the last four digits of them), as required by court rules, and they will include my SS# on the Statement of SS, etc. I get that. But I also have to submit documents separate from the petition to the TRUSTEE -- it's a questionnaire -- and those documents also have account numbers on them -- bank statements and federal tax return. What about those? Do numbers on those have to be redacted? I know the latter won't be published in any way, that's not my concern. But I read a section of their "local rules" book that says to redact numbers and they won't do it for you.

I just am not sure if that 'rule' applies to the Trustee documents. Anyone know? Thank you.

Yes, the Local Rules do apply to trustees. They have to work within the rules of the BK court in your district. Since you know your district's Local Rules, go ahead and redact your numbers on any copies you provide. If the trustee wants the un-redacted copies, let him or her tell you.

Good Luck!
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Thanks for the info...v. helpful. Digging out the black marker now!

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
      Yes, the Local Rules do apply to trustees. They have to work within the rules of the BK court in your district. Since you know your district's Local Rules, go ahead and redact your numbers on any copies you provide. If the trustee wants the un-redacted copies, let him or her tell you.

Good Luck!

Comment

As it turns out, I was told to leave the numbers visible on the docs submitted to the Trustee. These are not made public, and he/she needs the numbers to verify social, account balances, etc.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X