top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wife bought me a expensive gift should I be worried?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife bought me a expensive gift should I be worried?

Short story is I got some money for my birthday that ended up being needed for bills. My wife felt bad and saved up and bought me a iPad(500$). We just as of today realized were going to be filing very soon. This wasn't bought on credit but she did use her debit card to pay for it so its on our statement. Should I just take it back? Do you think its a big deal? Im concerned because its the biggest charge we've had on our account in like 6 months. I feel like its just going to stand out. Thanks!

I've read before about buying big ticket items and that amount could be treated as one but not for sure. I was also in the same boat prior to filing where I only bought necessities, good luck to you!
    Retained lawyer: 3/30/10
    Filed Ch. 7: 4/07/10
    341 Meeting: 5/19/10
    Discharged: 7/26/10

Comment

Oh My God..

Comment

I think your probably worrying about nothing. My wife is in nursing school and we spent $450 from our tax refund on a laptop to assist in her studies. We purchased the laptop after consulting our attorney who told us not to worry about it. We filed Ch.7 yesterday.

Good luck

Comment

IF you had used a real credit card and not your debit you would need to be worried, but I doubt hopefully it would be a problem.

Comment

If that is your only expensive non-needed item in the last 6 months I wouldn't worry about it even if it was on a credit card.
            Filed Chapter 7: 10/29/09 341 Meeting: 12/02/09
            UST involved: 12/12/09 UST out: 1/10/10
            Last day for objections: 2/01/10 Discharged: 2/8/10

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X