Discharged!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged!!!!!

Our 60 days were up last Tuesday. For some reason our discharge hadn't showed up on Pacer. So I called the case administrator this morning and she had it posted on Pacer within the hour!

I want to thank all of the forum members for the valuable information and moral support.

Now on to a new start! I decided to let my truck (and the $488 payment) go. We bought a used jeep with 100K miles for cash this weekend. My wife's car will be paid for in 10 more payments. We didn't re-affirm our house. So in 10 months we will be totally debt free!!!!

I am giving up two boats that I loved, but honestly I feel so liberated not having the toys and the associated maintenance, hanging over my head anymore.

I am so looking forward to a simpler life, rather always having something that needs fixing or washed or whatever. No more stressing about how we are going to make the next payment on something.

I can't express how relieved I am right now and again I want to thank the forum members and I also want to encourage newbies to ask many questions and take advantage of this wonderful resource!
    Wife Laid off - 11/16/2009 Missed First Payments - 12/5/2009
    Filed Chap 7 - 12/31/2009
    341 - 2/12/2010
    Discharged - 4/19/2010

what "case administrator" did you call? Where did you get the phone number?

Comment

I just wanted to say Congratulations on the fresh start. It sounds like you and your wife put serious thought into planning the best way to go forward. It is that careful planning that will see you debt free in 10 months, without the extras hanging over your head. Congratulations on making the best of your fresh start. I wish you the very best.

Oh...make sure you take a bit of time to celebrate!!
      8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
      11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

Originally posted by helpinfla View Post
        what "case administrator" did you call? Where did you get the phone number?
        Every BK case has a case administrator assigned. When you log into pacer and look at your docket page, I believe the case administrator is listed at the top right of the page. But I just called the main BK court number for my district. gave them my case number and they transferred me to my administrator. I assume every judge a a number of admin people that are assigned to the various cases.
        341 - 2/12/2010
        Discharged - 4/19/2010

Comment

Congratulations!....that must be a wonderful feeling to not have mountains of debt to always worry about. Good Luck!

Comment

Congrats BCA2009.... SIGH of relief. Go ahead and exhale now.

Now onto the 2nd mtg settlement. Well maybe in 6 months or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Mensa1 View Post
              Congrats BCA2009.... SIGH of relief. Go ahead and exhale now.

Now onto the 2nd mtg settlement. Well maybe in 6 months or so.
              Yep, I've missed two payments on my second now. I'll wait atleast 4 more before I contact them, or until they contact me. If they do contact me, I'm not going to offer a settlement right off. I'll probably give them a sob story and try to drag it out another month or two. It will all depend on how they react to missing several payments. I've got my fingers crossed. I'll keep you updated!

Thanks,
              341 - 2/12/2010
              Discharged - 4/19/2010

Comment

That is great news. And yes that free feeling is Soooo good. Here is our traditional Dance of Victory just for you and your family:

If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

WhooooHooooo!!! Congrats on your Discharge!!!
                  May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                  May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                  May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                  9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BCA2009 View Post
                    Yep, I've missed two payments on my second now. I'll wait atleast 4 more before I contact them, or until they contact me. If they do contact me, I'm not going to offer a settlement right off. I'll probably give them a sob story and try to drag it out another month or two. It will all depend on how they react to missing several payments. I've got my fingers crossed. I'll keep you updated!

Thanks,
                    You've got to know that they are used to the missing pymts by now. They have no doubt had plenty of practice getting ready for you BCA...

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

congrats! wish I were you!
                        Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

awesome!

Comment

Congrats! Live long and Prosper!

Comment

Congrats!!!!!
                              Filed: 10/2/2009; 341: 11/10/2009;
                              UST Files Motion to Dismiss: 11/24/2009 Our Attorney Files Response: 1/7/2010 UST withdraws objection; Discharge: 4/20/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X