Home Owners Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Owners Insurance

We retained a lawyer for ch7 and should be filing by mid-May. We are going to ride-through on the house - "stay and pay". What will that do to our home owners insurance? We have State Farm and would like to keep State Farm, but will they drop us because the house is included in the BK?

And... if they do drop us, what insurance company will insure a home included in a BK??

Obviously we need HOI.... Thanks for any advice.

My house was IIB, and I have State Farm insurance. It has not been a problem. As long as I pay the bill, I have insurance just as I always did.
    8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
    11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

I have State Farm as well. I gave them a call and said I would not be paying my insurance through escrow anymore and was told that it was no problem to go month to month with the homeowners like we do our auto insurance payments.
      Filed: 8-19-09
      341: 9-21-09
      Notice of Discharge: 11-28-09

Comment

Thank you so much for responding! I feel much better knowing State Farm is still easy to do business with even after a BK. Thank you!

Comment

Whatever you do, just don't miss a payment.

We were on a quarterly payment plan for an insurance agency--NOT State Farm--and somehow missed a payment. Then the company wanted a year's premium up front to keep us covered. We couldn't afford that and had to go to another insurance company. After a few months, that company notified us that they were pulling out of Florida because of the 2004 and 2005 hurricanes. Several have, so getting coverage in Florida can be a challenge. And some companies will not take homeowners with a BK on their records until five years have passed since discharge.
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X