top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I have to remove myself as an auth user on someone else's cc now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I have to remove myself as an auth user on someone else's cc now?

POSSIBLY filing within the next two weeks. I am currently an authorized user on someone else's credit card. Should I take myself off of it until my case is discharged? Also, since I have been using the card for food expenses, school etc, do I have to list that as "income" on my forms when I file? I don't want to not put it and then get in trouble or go to jail for fraud or anything like that. Thanks!

I don't know if removing yourself will do anything - as an authorized user you are not responsible for the debt from what I understand. Listing as income? Don't know about that either....do you have an attorney?
    Filed 5/31/11 341 & Report of No Distribution 7/28/11 Discharged & Closed!! 9/29/11
    "What I won't accept or buy any longer is that my credit score defines who I am. Screw that."

Comment

No, the person whose card I am using is not filing BK-just me. But I don't know if me filing will do anything with their account/credit report etc. Because even though I am just an auth user (not joint) the cc company wanted my social security # for record/id. They also withdraw cash on the card and I don't know if the trustee would say that I am the one pulling cash or if it affects my case at all. No, no attorney-no $ for one unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Beeheery View Post
        No, the person whose card I am using is not filing BK-just me. But I don't know if me filing will do anything with their account/credit report etc. Because even though I am just an auth user (not joint) the cc company wanted my social security # for record/id. They also withdraw cash on the card and I don't know if the trustee would say that I am the one pulling cash or if it affects my case at all. No, no attorney-no $ for one unfortunately.

I know when I was an authorized user on my parent's credit card, it showed up on my credit report. I don't know an answer for you though. ?????

I'm having similar worries about being on my parent's checking account.
        04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X