any way to get inside scoop on trustee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any way to get inside scoop on trustee?

Do you guys know of any way to get gossip or hearsay on the trustee that is assigned to your case? I got mine and some simple web searching turns up nothing, except that the trustee also has a lawfirm that handles personal bankruptcies.

thanks,
    MMP

Your attorney will know

Comment

i am working with a bankruptcy mill and its pretty hard to get any contact with the attorney. wondering if there is any place people share info online. dont really want to put my trustee's name down on a searchable forum though, so i guess its rock and a hard place.

MMP

Comment

if you would post what district/state you filed in, someone might private message you with the info you are looking for

Comment

Not likely to find much. For most people who file BK, they just want to get it over with so lingering around and posting information about a trustee is on the bottom of the priority list.

Only attorneys who regularly practice BK have any real insight into the peculiarities of the trustee.

I wouldn't worry about. The outcome of a case or any particular issue in your case IS NOT trustee specific. District specific, maybe, but trustee specific, not really. There are differences between the trustees on the margins but in general, who you get as a trustee will have little bearing on your case.

Comment

thanks. i think that now that I have filed i dont know what else to do or what other information i can gather so the mind is just in the habit of searching around. its only 4 weeks to see what kind of trustee i get.

in case anyone wants to share personal experiences, this is for eastern district of ca

MMP

Comment

You could research when the TT holds the next scheduled 341 mtgs (prior to yours), and attend that session. It helps to see the demeanor and process by the person that you will be sitting before in a few weeks.

Comment

Perfect Answer

That was a perfect answer.
                11/09 FICO - 735 ~ 01/10 FICO 545

Comment

Originally posted by Mensa1 View Post
                  You could research when the TT holds the next scheduled 341 mtgs (prior to yours), and attend that session. It helps to see the demeanor and process by the person that you will be sitting before in a few weeks.
                  But for the most part, that is a big waste of time. Your trustee meeting will last all of about 5 minutes at most. Just stop fretting.

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
                    I wouldn't worry about. The outcome of a case or any particular issue in your case IS NOT trustee specific. District specific, maybe, but trustee specific, not really. There are differences between the trustees on the margins but in general, who you get as a trustee will have little bearing on your case.
                    I cant prove it, but I have a different opinion. We had significant equity in our 2 vehicles. Our atty waited specifically for one trustee to be pulling cases, and then filed. The clerks at the courthouse also seemed to think that we had be assigned the best trustee available for our case. Might not have been a factor, but here we are discharged, when we were never supposed to be able to even file ch7, let alone keep our vehicles.
                    1/15/10 Filed ch7 2/18/10 314 meeting
                    2/22/10 Report of No Distribution
                    4/20/10 Discharged 5/20/10 Closed!

Comment

that's a great idea to go and see. It definitely is a waste of time in a certain sense given my case, but I like to go look and see just about anything (I also watch a lot of reality TV), so I could rationalize it as just another one of my missions looking into life.

But, it could backfire if the cases he gets when I happen to visit are tough cases not like mine and he acts in a certain way that scares me unnecessarily.

MMP

Comment

Originally posted by Moneypenny View Post
                        But, it could backfire if the cases he gets when I happen to visit are tough cases not like mine and he acts in a certain way that scares me unnecessarily.

MMP
                        Realize that 9 out of 10 cases are going to be easy, straight forward cases, so doubtful that you will see all tough cases.

I for one went to a couple of 341's in advance it was invaluable to preparation for the actual event. I do have a rather unusual case so maybe it was of more benefit to me than others. In any case I would think it to be time well spent no matter what. As an Atty like HHM who has been through it many times, I can see why one would say that, because you KNOW what happens at every 341; all about the same. But for the layman, the picture is worth 1000 words.

As always, each to his own.

Comment

Originally posted by Moneypenny View Post
                          that's a great idea to go and see. It definitely is a waste of time in a certain sense given my case, but I like to go look and see just about anything (I also watch a lot of reality TV), so I could rationalize it as just another one of my missions looking into life.

MMP
                          In my case, you couldn't even watch other people's cases as each was held in a closed private room. This was in Akron, Ohio. One thing I suggest you not do is type your trustee's name into Pacer as it will suddenly spew out 500pages of info. I learned this when I did searches on both my lawyer and trustee. I got the $80 bill as proof and really gained minimal insight from my search.

I know it's easier said than done, but try to focus on other matters. I worked myself into a panic before my 341 on 3/15/10 and it was over in no time. I'm waiting for my own 7 to be discharged in a few weeks so I understand the nerves.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X