Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interview today

Hi all,

I had an interview today to work at, of all things, a Bankruptcy firm. I filed BK March 17 and have had my 341, Ch. 7, no asset. I've been on unemployment since Feb 1. when I got laid off/(fired?) from my prior legal asst. job. They laid off 40 people, but apparently they chose to call mine fired. I received severance and unemployment.

I have many years legal experience, however, very little in BK, other than this board actually. Anyway, the attorney seemed very interested in me but stressed that I would be learning an entirely new area of law as opposed to commercial litigation, which I have done in the past. I then went ahead and volunteered that I was currently in Bk and she asked me who my Trustee was. I told her. She and the other attorney sitting there interviewing me both kind of laughed and said my case will never get closed. That the is known for letting cases just sit. I'm sure that's after discharge, but I sure hope the case does close quickly. I'd like it over and done with.

I don't know if I will get this job. Appears the main lady attorney I spoke with is very good friends with the managing partner of the last firm where I was. I was there 3 years, and though I did have a few issues with the main attorney I worked for, I would say I did a pretty good job. We'll see if she ends up conferring with him and he black balls me, or whether I get a job offer.

I think it would be about a good time to get a job since I need to take the second half of that bk course and prove I can pay for the house, etc. Not really asking for too much advice, just giving a little update.
    11/09 FICO - 735 ~ 01/10 FICO 545

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X