chapter 7 income question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chapter 7 income question

Talked to the para-legal today in our attorney's office, we're planning to file in early/mid May. We are about $300 monthly under chapter 7 income levels. I wanted to make sure we could get filed in May, so the 6 months covered would be Nov-April. I get OT one time a year -- about 20 hours in May every year. When I mentioned this to her, she said to be careful, as we'll need to bring our most recent pay stubs to the 341 meeting, which she said would be 4-5 weeks after we filed. This OT gross would be around $600. Now, I'm worried about OT showing up on a pay check stub that I take to a 341 meeting sometime in June. Will the trustee look at the most recent pay check stubs at the 341? Does anyone have any experience with this? Help. (We can't wait any longer to file, as we have received a summons from GEMB, and we want to stop the lawsuit).

If you are $300/mo under median, and get an extra $600 in May - this should not be an issue I think. That works out to an average of $100/mo if you average it over 6 - which is still under Median. Just be prepared to explain that its a once a year thing.
    Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
    (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

If that;s what your trustee requires, you'll have to comply.
      It should make no difference since, it's not a huge amount of money and is a one time thing.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X