chapter 7 and possible severance package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chapter 7 and possible severance package

I've browsed through the forums and the answers for my situation seem to be all over the place.

The buyout package is now a reality and is being offered.
    $56600 in a lump sum with health insurance for 6 months if I leave.

I want to pick up and move to New Hampshire with this money but I'm concerned it could be a problem for me. We would love to buy a small plot of land down the road with this money and I've already starting applying for jobs in New Hampshire.

My 341 meeting was on April 23rd.
    The lump sum payment would be made within 30 days after June 19th.

I want to take it and move on but I'm still worried the trustee would want that money if I received it.

Has anyone been through a similar situation and been okay? I've seen a couple of threads that were very similar but never a followup stating one way or the other what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by mavstang73 View Post
      I've browsed through the forums and the answers for my situation seem to be all over the place.

The buyout package is now a reality and is being offered.
      $56600 in a lump sum with health insurance for 6 months if I leave.

I want to pick up and move to New Hampshire with this money but I'm concerned it could be a problem for me. We would love to buy a small plot of land down the road with this money and I've already starting applying for jobs in New Hampshire.

My 341 meeting was on April 23rd.
      The lump sum payment would be made within 30 days after June 19th.

I want to take it and move on but I'm still worried the trustee would want that money if I received it.

Has anyone been through a similar situation and been okay? I've seen a couple of threads that were very similar but never a followup stating one way or the other what happened.
      Did they already issue the report of no distribution? If so, I'd think you'd be in the clear. If I were you, I'd have them cut me a paper check and not buy anything major until your discharge. Good luck!

Comment

I checked Pacer and I don't see a report of no distribution providing I know what I'm looking for.

I'm not sure a paper check would be an option or not at this point.
        If my 341 was on 4/23 and I'm supposed to get this payment within 30 days of 6/19 it sounds like I may get the payment after discharge if everything goes well.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X