I'm so confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so confused

So if u live with in a household with your parents do you use their income as household income? Do you then change your size of household to include them?
    What if their only income is social security. Isn't social exempt from being included as income?
    If anyone knows please let me know.

I guess no one knows. I won't meet with a lawyer until July but just wanted to see if anyone knew about this.

Comment

My understanding if you live with someone else is that you only count the part of their income that contributes to household expenses. But if you are living with parents, then it may be a different scenario: they handle most expenses and you probably contribute a little to help them.

Best to discuss with an attorney...
      Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
      (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

Thank you for responding.

Actually all bills are split in half. My parents were renting an apartment and so was I, so to try to save some money on both parts we started renting a house together. I pay half of the rent, utilities, food for my 2 children and I, and rental insurance.

So I'm thinking I would just have to add their half of the utilities and half of the rent as my income.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquitagirl View Post
          Thank you for responding.

Actually all bills are split in half. My parents were renting an apartment and so was I, so to try to save some money on both parts we started renting a house together. I pay half of the rent, utilities, food for my 2 children and I, and rental insurance.

So I'm thinking I would just have to add their half of the utilities and half of the rent as my income.
          That sounds accurate to me, but I am by no means an expert. Best of luck.

Comment

Hmm, sounds like it would be 2 separate households that are simply renting a place together (i.e., each renting 1/2 of the unit.)

Here's a good article:

It sounds like a spouse and any dependent children would be considered as part of the household. I would say that an adult child who is earning enough to pay his part of the rent and expenses would NOT be part of the household. As for unrelated people who are contributing their expenses, they too would not be part of the household.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X