Question about forms from the trustee and tax refunds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about forms from the trustee and tax refunds

I did a bunch of research and thought I had this licked, but I guess not. BTW I'm in KS.

Got a letter from the trustee in my Chapter 7 case asking me for:
    1. Taxes
    2. Refund if any
    a. if spent, how and to whom, and date
    3. If there is any left
    4. any accounts in which funds were held on the date of filing if not already listed

I filed pro-se but I checked with some attorney's about our anticipated refund.

She told me to spend it before I filed. So I withdrew the money to cash on the morning I filed, spent it, and filed early afternoon. I probably should have waited a day, but I had to skedaddle to NY the next morning (Sat) and am gone for a month

I don't know what level of documentation is necessary, I didn't keep receipts. I'm wondering to what level this information needs to be exact or even accurate. I realize there are random audits, but what should I do? I don't want to be grilled or jeopardize my case...

Also, I used an online site to spit out the documents...I don't think that portion was filled out on the documents that I filed. Now I get a questionnaire asking if I used one. How should I respond? Does it invoke suspicion if there is a difference?

I just want this over!

How much was it? And what did you spend it on? My atty said i can spend it on exempt needed items or put it in a Roth - but i have to account for it

Comment

Comment

the card didn't post till the 26th, when I was already in NY.

Comment

I think those records will help, about as good as a receipt since it is a clear record, at least you have something to give him!

Comment

I just don't want to jeopardize my case because I didn't know you were going to be asked for records. The attorney I did a free consult told me as long as I spend it before I file then it's all good...

I have no way to prove any of this other than my memory...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X