Received my discharge paper, but now I been receiving calls from creditors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Received my discharge paper, but now I been receiving calls from creditors

I need someone advice, After I received my discharge paper, I received a called on my voicemail saying I wrote fraudlent checks and they going to serve me papers at my job and my residence. I never wrote any fraudulent checks. What should I do. I call one lawyer, he told me not to worry about it. I haven't called these people back. I think they might be a con. Also I can added this creditor after I received my discharge paper. Thanks!

What "fraudlent checks" are they talking about?? Is this a creditor??? If so, they should have brought this "fraud" up during your BK...it's too late now, the debt has been discharged!!
    Beware, this might be some sort of SCAM, so please don't give any personal info over the phone or via internet!
    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dell1972 View Post
      I need someone advice, After I received my discharge paper, I received a called on my voicemail saying I wrote fraudlent checks and they going to serve me papers at my job and my residence. I never wrote any fraudulent checks. What should I do. I call one lawyer, he told me not to worry about it. I haven't called these people back. I think they might be a con. Also I can added this creditor after I received my discharge paper. Thanks!

Look out!! Scam alert....I had some idiot call me (twice) claiming to be Officer James O'Brien and I was being investigated for money laundering and internet fraud based on some bogus pay day loan that I never took out in the first place....it was all a huge scam.

Comment

NEVER, EVER, deal with any of these scamsters over the phone or Internet.

IF--and that is a BIG IF--you get anything by US mail, send a nice letter back with a copy of your Discharge Order, along with a courtesy copy to your trustee. Send by certified, return receipt mail. Make and keep copies of everything.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Did they call from a weird number and say they were from some sort of legal office and that they were an inspector of some sort? If so this is a scam! Ignore them. I got a few calls from people like these after I was discharged. I did some research and found out they're scammers.
          sigpic
          Filed - 11/19/08;341 - 12/22/08
          Discharged - 2/23/09 ;Closed - 3/6/09
          Got my first post BK credit line - car loan - 4/9/09 On my way to recovery.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X