top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those who have experience with Ford Motor Credit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those who have experience with Ford Motor Credit?

Hello... I am presently filing Ch.7 and am not reaffirming/reassuming my current lease with Ford Motor Credit. Anyone who has experience with Ford Motor Credit? I know they are aggressive in reposessing vehicles. When could I expect them to come for it? My lawyer advised me not to pay any more on the lease. Will they come before the discharge? Should I voluntarily surrender the vehicle to avoid an embarrassing confrontation???

Advise is greatly appreciated.
    BK filed 05/11/2010
    341 06/24/2010
    Objection to Discharge 08/17/2010
    Discharge 08/27/2010

we had FMC loan. Once you file they cannot reposses without filing with the courts a motion to pick up the car. however, if you have other transportation just l contact them and tell them whre to get it. We held onto it until they filed the motion and we were contacted by a company Ford pays to pick up the vehicles. we did not want them coming to our house for various reasons so we asked the lady where we could bring it to her at. She told us and we took it to her. Easy no problems. I believe it is a relief of stay they have to file. Tomorrow is our 1 year anniversary of closing. Been a good year. Best decision we ever made. Good luck.
    Filed Jan 23rd, 2009
    341 meeting--February 24th--Went smooth
    :yahoo::yahoo:
    Discharged may 12th--had to call the court clerk!!:clapping::yahoo::yahoo::

Comment

I had another vehicle, so I had them come to pick the vehicle up. The folks at Ford Motor Credit, overall, were very nice, as was the guy who came to pick up the vehicle. This whole process was among the most embarrassing I've ever been through in my life, so it was at least helpful that I wasn't made to feel worse by the folks involved being nasty.

There is no difference in the end on your credit report between a voluntary repossession, and one where they come and take it. But at least with me calling, there was no fear on my end of one day coming out of my house and just finding the car gone.

Comment

Just to clarify what obiebk09 said, it is *highly illegal* for them to repossess your vehicle while your bankruptcy case is open and you are protected by the automatic stay, unless the lender files for and is granted the necessary relief (from the BK court) that permits them to do so. They may in fact do this, but you will receive notification from the court, and probably them as well, that they are doing so. Your car should not just disappear from your driveway one night without any warning. Of course there is no harm in voluntarily turning over the vehicle if you already have other transportation and want to just get the matter behind you, but if you need to buy yourself some time, that is exactly what filing for BK did for you, so take advantage of it.
        4/2010 - Filed Chapter 7 no asset case w/car reaffirm
        5/2010 - 341 meeting, no creditors present
        10/2010 - Reaffirm finally approved and case discharged the same day

Comment

Just a little more to add......FMC did not immediatly file for relief of stay either. It was probably about a month after we filed. FMC ...in my opinion...will not break the law and come get it before filing the paperwork through the court system. And yes we did receive paperwork in the mail from courts.
          Filed Jan 23rd, 2009
          341 meeting--February 24th--Went smooth
          :yahoo::yahoo:
          Discharged may 12th--had to call the court clerk!!:clapping::yahoo::yahoo::

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X