New and probably filing Chp 7 in the near future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New and probably filing Chp 7 in the near future

Hey guys! I've been lurking on this site for about a week, taking in as much as I can. I've known for awhile that I would need to file bk and have decided to go ahead and bite the bullet and file. My boyfriend and I have talked about getting married in the next year or so, and I would really like to have this behind me before that.

A little about me... I'm 32, got divorced 2 years ago, and a lot of my unsecured debt stems from that. I have a 2008 Saturn Vue that I bought new, like an idiot, financed by GMAC that I will most likely be surrendering in the bk. Just need to secure a beater car before then. I don't have any other assets, gave up my house to the ex in the divorce because I really didn't want it. I moved to Massachusetts in August of 09 because of a better job. My income is still well below the median income for a family of 1 so it shouldn't be too much of a problem to file Chp 7.

I have found an attorney, luckily I signed up for a legal service plan when I started a new job in February and it covers bk. All I will have to pay for are the $299 court/filing costs. Right now, I'm working on filing out the packet the attorney's office sent to me. I've already had to make copies of the debt form because the 10 they sent me weren't enough! It really makes me sad to see the situation I've gotten myself into. I'm 32 years old and I have nothing to show for my life. I know it will get better, it's just sobering to see it all written down on paper.

Xxxxxxx
    Last edited by AngelinaCat; 05-12-2010, 02:33 PM. Reason: Remove proper name for security and privacy reasons.

Honestly I think it's great that you're getting this out of the way before you want to get married. No use in struggling with this new marriage if you don't have to, you're doing him and you both a huge favor. You've learned lessons I'm sure so just take them and keep your head up. GL!
    attorney consult and decided to file, 02/15/2010
    no-asset Chapter 7 filed, 03/11/2010
    341, 05/10/2010
    discharged, 07/13/2010

Comment

Dear Xraya, you are far from a looser. You are a responsible person who now are making responsible decisions to start a new life over.

I have a nephew who is 32. He has doped, pills, and begged money from my brother until my brother was near broke. He went into National Guard, married a gal worse than he, now he has pulled some sort of prank to get released (on purpose) with a general discharge. This gives him veterans rights. He probably could not pass a pee test.

That is what you call a loser.

You seem to have your act together. Go for it and keep us all posted here. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Hi Xraya:

Welcome to the forum. I xx-ed out your proper name for security and privacy reasons. Please be careful what you post anywhere on the Internet.

You sound like you are off to a good start with your new life. Please feel free to ask any questions where the members might be able to help.

Good wishes to you.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X