top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone get a New Car right before Filing???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What GWBcasualty has explained is exactly what our lawyer advised us. I did not file until we knew for certain that the lien had been perfected. To file and hope that it had been perfected because a reasonable amount of time had passed would be to gamble blindly with the loan amount.
    1/15/10 Filed ch7 2/18/10 314 meeting
    2/22/10 Report of No Distribution
    4/20/10 Discharged 5/20/10 Closed!

Comment

So how do you determine if the lien has been perfected?
      04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Comment

In our case it meant that the lien (automobile) had to be recorded with the state. We had to take the original title to the lcourt house, fill out a form ot have the lien recoeded, and they sent the title to the state. Since our loan was from a friend, we waited until they had received the title in the mail from the state. They (state) claim that it is instantly recorded in the system by computer, but couldn't offer a way for us to verify that it really happened, so we waited for someone to actually see the title with the lien recorded on it. More progressive states may have a way to check on-line to verify that the lien was recorded.
        1/15/10 Filed ch7 2/18/10 314 meeting
        2/22/10 Report of No Distribution
        4/20/10 Discharged 5/20/10 Closed!

Comment

Originally posted by pcn View Post
          What GWBcasualty has explained is exactly what our lawyer advised us. I did not file until we knew for certain that the lien had been perfected. To file and hope that it had been perfected because a reasonable amount of time had passed would be to gamble blindly with the loan amount.
          Thank you!

"Usually" "feel" and "should be" don't cut it for me... nothing personal.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X