My 341 is next week and I am getting nervous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 341 is next week and I am getting nervous

I think it is the fear of the unknown making me scared. My lawyer keeps telling me it will be fine but I am downright scared. What should I expect at this meeting? How long untill the discahrge? How will I know when I am discharged? Does my lawyer tell me?

take a deep breath. everything will be fine. here are some things for you to know so as not to fear the unknown:

the meeting is typically under 5 minutes. they basically verify your identity and ask you if everything in your petition is correct. you say yes, and go home. you can search this forum for standard 341 questions.

after the 341, there are 60 days before you can be discharged. this is time given to creditors in case they wish to object. in 99.9% of cases there is no creditor objection. once the 60 days are up, you get discharged, though it may not be immediate if your court has backlog.

the court will mail you your discharge papers directly (just like you got a copy of your 341 date). your lawyer will also get them. you can also check on pacer if you wish, then you would know a little sooner.

that's all there is to it.

i was scared too, everyone is, then things turn out ok...
    filed ch7 May 09
    341 june 09
    discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Had ours on Tuesday.
      As described above, it lasted less than 5 minutes - very mundane questions.
      My anxiety the night before, and the feeling of being emotionally drained the rest of the day after the meeting was the most trying part
      If your petition is accurate and you have nothing to hide, it will go fine.
      One of our newer checkings account was left off the petition in error.
      I disclosed that to the Trustee and had a copy of the most recent statement.
      He asked me how much I had in the account on the day of filing - $800.
      Said if it's not $80K!, it's not a problem.
      No creditor showed up, they almost never do.
      Today, I took the Pre Discharge class online.
      Feels good to be done. I am really not sweating the next 60 days to discharge.

Comment

You will be fine so don't get yourself sick or worried about it to much. We filed pro se and I worried myself sick for nothing. Lasted about 3 minutes and he declared us a no asset case. Not a single person in our proceedings before us has anything happen to them. You will be fine and soon on your way to the 60 day club so take a breath and think about the weight you will feel off your shoulders once your meeting is over.

Comment

I had mine two weeks ago it took like 2 minutes. While I was there I saw one debtor show up from a local credit union for a car the couple had readffirmed so I don't know why they were there.

Comment

Mines next week to

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X