Question about what to send trustee.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about what to send trustee.

Our 341 meeting is in 10 days and I am trying to figure out what documents I need to send to the trustee. I have checked our districts website and found a guide for pro se filers here. It says "Copies of Payment Advices and Tax Returns (received 60 days prior to petition filing) should be submitted to Trustee at least 7 days prior to your scheduled Meeting of Creditors." I see no where that it says I need to submit bank statements. Its been 120 days since we received our tax refund. Does this mean that I dont need to submit my 2009 paperwork? Does the trustee usually ask for specific things via pacer? I have nothing new in the docket report since my paperwork was all filed.
    -Filed Ch7 pro se 04/14/2010
    -341 Meeting is 05/24/2010 (went uneventfully well)
    -Report of No Distribution 6/4/2010
    -Discharge 7/28/2010

Copies of tax returns are very common among trustees. Check with your local court and trustee's office to see exactly what you need to bring at your 341. Good luck!
    Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
    Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

Originally posted by ForumReader View Post
      Copies of tax returns are very common among trustees. Check with your local court and trustee's office to see exactly what you need to bring at your 341. Good luck!

That is a link I posted to the local courts website guide for pro se filers and it says:

"Copies of Payment Advices and Tax Returns (received 60 days prior to petition filing) should be submitted to Trustee at least 7 days prior to your scheduled Meeting of Creditors."

I keep reading that I should not send anything to the trustee that is not asked for so I really don't want to send too much.
      -Filed Ch7 pro se 04/14/2010
      -341 Meeting is 05/24/2010 (went uneventfully well)
      -Report of No Distribution 6/4/2010
      -Discharge 7/28/2010

Comment

Originally posted by GettingGoing View Post
        That is a link I posted to the local courts website guide for pro se filers and it says:

"Copies of Payment Advices and Tax Returns (received 60 days prior to petition filing) should be submitted to Trustee at least 7 days prior to your scheduled Meeting of Creditors."

I keep reading that I should not send anything to the trustee that is not asked for so I really don't want to send too much.
        This may be true if your trustee has not specifically asked you for anything especially tax returns such as via mail. But I recommend bringing your documents especially tax returns to your 341 just in case. You do not want any surprises, hassles or frustrations happening at your 341 when your trustee asks for such and such. Maybe other much more experienced posters might chime in to help out.
        Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
        Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

i think what they usually mean is pay advices from the last 60 days + the most recent tax return that you filed, which in your case is most likely your 2009 return. they are talking about the return (the form you filled out, the 1040), not the refund check...

to be safe, you may call the trustee - you'll get the secretary, don't worry! - and ask.
          filed ch7 May 09
          341 june 09
          discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Definitely check with your Trustee's office. I was sent a long list of items that my Trustee needed to receive at least 7 days prior to my 341. If yours only wants to see your most recent tax return and pay stubs, that is great. Mine wanted to see title to my car, deed to my house, purchase contract, etc. ,etc.

Just call and make sure you send what they want and get it to them in time. My Trustee continued cases where the items requested weren't received 7 days prior to the 341.
            Filed Chapter 7 pro se: 1/12/10 341 held: 2/16/10 Discharged and Closed: 4/20/10
            Stopped Mortgage Pymts: 5/1/10 Moving to Rental: 7/2/10. Hoping Wells Fargo forecloses in 6 months tops

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X