Discharge Date Coming Up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharge Date Coming Up...

Just curious...date is 6/7. 3 weeks away. Is it very common for anything to come up (audit, BK brought into question) at this point in time? If I made it this far, should I be good to go?? Or if something bad is going to happen that extends my BK, will it happen in the last week/last few days before the discharge date?

Just curious, I'm in Denver. Thanks.

Anything could happen. Is it going to?

Where's that Magic 8 ball when you need it?
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Probably if there were creditor's objecting, or the UST poking around, your attorney would have known something at the 341 hearing.

But as the saying goes, "It ain't over till the fat lady sings"! I understand your apprehension, but this is just one of those things that you have to ride until its over.
      Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
      341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
      Discharged: 11/30/2009
      Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

The 60 day has a meaning. That is the time given for objections. Unless you are bothered by something we don't know, it probably will go just fine.

We were declared an asset case in our 60 that made it a 90. Then we got an AP on the 59th. So then it was not discharged as we got a 2004 examination for inside payments. Then at the end no discharge until I called. We needed a marriage certificate (we use different surnames). Then discharge after two years and then after another year approx closed, then after another year AP dismissed for want of prosecution.

All dates approximate, so what do you think could go wrong???? LOL 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

'Cubswin', all kidding aside, we were the quintessential masters of mistakes with no guidance. Most likely you will float through as 90% of 7's do.

Saving you a Dance of Victory when you are discharged. 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Cubswin
            I know the feeling. We are set to be discharged 6/4 (21 days to go) and I was expecting someone to make waves.....I would imagine that at this point no one is going to say a word....but can we fast forward in time to our discharge day??????

Comment

So the 60 day benchmark was then big one then, huh?

The trustee at the 341 wanted to see where I spent my big tax refund, but it was legit and well documented. Obviously, filing a BK is a pretty big deal, and I think I'm just stressing. Just want to move forward, and not worry about it any more. Just wanted to know if the UST could come in the last few days and throw me into some kind of full discovery review which would be a nightmare scenario for anyone. I have a home I am reaffirming the debt on, but want to rent it and move elsewhere...waiting on the BK is holding up moving forward with my life (and costing me money), you know.

Comment

Typically if something is going to happen you would already know its going to happen. You really shouldnt have anything to worry about unless you did something shady or you have something to hide.

Comment

Originally posted by cubswin View Post

The trustee at the 341 wanted to see where I spent my big tax refund, but it was legit and well documented. Obviously, filing a BK is a pretty big deal, and I think I'm just stressing. Just want to move forward, and not worry about it any more. Just wanted to know if the UST could come in the last few days and throw me into some kind of full discovery review which would be a nightmare scenario for anyone. I have a home I am reaffirming the debt on, but want to rent it and move elsewhere...waiting on the BK is holding up moving forward with my life (and costing me money), you know.
                  Chill out man. IF we thought you had a problem, we wouldn't 'toy' with you. You seem to be the quintessential bker, and will just be released on day Six One.

We got a group of hamsters together waiting for your date for your Victory Dance. You are doing fine. 'Hub

Comment

We filed Ch. 7 in early October 09. One creditor filed to go to the 341 meeting and didn't show up. We didn't hear a PEEP out of anyone after that. On the LAST day to object to discharge, this creditor filed for a 2004 examination of our finances and a time extension of 90 days to file an objection to discharge. Then they gave us a huge list of things to turn over -- our attorney said no, that is too much, we'll give them this only. Then they ended up filing a motion to compel us to turn over the stuff -- which ended up being only the stuff our attorney said we should give them. Then they filed for another time extension. All of their motions have been granted by the judge. Now we have our "meeting" with the creditor's attorneys on Monday (like a 341 meeting, but part of the section 2004 examination where they can ask us questions). The final day to object to discharge is next Friday, the 21st.

Soooo, I hate to be the negative one, but don't breathe a sigh of relief that it's over until you get that discharge order. I hope all goes well with your case, we are almost 8 months after our filing and still on pins and needles. I am more anxious and stressed out about this whole thing now than I ever was when it all began. In our case, this creditor is harassing us within the bounds of the law (according to our attorney) and he thinks it seems like a personal thing (business debt my dh personally guaranteed). Good luck and hang in there!

Comment

Yes, I have to agree with everyone. The 60 day period for me was excruciating, but it is necessary....you just have to deal with it. Can things happen at the last minute? Yes. Do they usually? No. If something major were to happen or go down, you would most likely know something by now....but nobody can say for sure. But speaking as a person who was literally just discharged, I know exactly how you feel. It is a nail-biting, hair-raising experience for sure, but most folks survive through it, and I suspect you will as well. My best advice? Go to the gym, read a million books, just do anything you can to healthily pass the time without driving yourself crazy. YES, I know it is easier said than done, but I just did it, so I feel like I can speak to it with at least a little authority. Be good to yourself.
                      Bobby

Comment

Originally posted by cubswin View Post

I thought you were already renting the home and living elsewhere? Regardless, I wouldn't worry overmuch. Usually if something is going to happen it does so early in the process.

Good luck!
                        Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
                        I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

I found out the UST wanted to check me out a few days after the 341 which was back in late Feb. I had to get them a load of documentation within 7 days and they eventually after the 60 days expired, said all was OK. But I think that had the effect of the Ch7 trustee putting me on the back burner ..

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback, guys. 20 days to go!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X