Everything is coming together. WOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StartinOver View Post
    When the time comes for us to leave our home (oops, must start thinking of it as 'just a house') and rent somewhere, how do you make sure you're not renting from someone who's 1 inch from bankruptcy themselves?
    That would be very hard to determine. It's not like you can ask them for their credit report or bank statements. Luck of the draw I suppose. Well unless you rent a apartment.
    Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

Hey---nc73---I'm in the same general area---and we're usually an
      isolated island of affluence during hard times elsewhere---but I know
      that my neighborhood got hit hard---and good luck finding a place.

Comment

I understand completely about things falling into place. It's a good feeling! (hence my screen name ;))
        attorney consult and decided to file, 02/15/2010
        no-asset Chapter 7 filed, 03/11/2010
        341, 05/10/2010
        discharged, 07/13/2010

Comment

Originally posted by StartinOver View Post
          When the time comes for us to leave our home (oops, must start thinking of it as 'just a house') and rent somewhere, how do you make sure you're not renting from someone who's 1 inch from bankruptcy themselves?
          I worry about the same thing. I'm just going to check county records and make sure there isn't a foreclosure in process. I know this won't give me a totally accurate picture - as we're about to file ourselves, and no foreclosure has been started on our rental property either -- but more than likely, I'd have a minimum of six months there but could probably still continue out a a year lease. I'll just check periodically on the court records and if it ever pops up, then I'll know to start looking elsewhere. Hopefully, we won't have to be renting for more than a couple of years.
          04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X