What if you forgot??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if you forgot??

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum and I really need some help. We had our 341 hearing and now I am second guessing everything I said...and to make matters worse my husband was asked if he had any sporting equiptment and he said "no"...and I was thinking "no" too...and then four day later I remember his golf clubs. They are very old and not worth much money (I think he got them second hand from a relatives years ago) and he hardly uses them...but now because we forgot these damn clubs I'm so worried we are going to in trouble. Any advice??

BTW...God Bless you all for having this forum. I wish I would have found it before we filed because it is so helpful!

What are you worried about what you said aside from forgetting to mention the golf clubs? I promise they don't care about old golf clubs. It's not worth the time or money to them. You are safe as far as that.

Comment

It's not that I think they would want the golf clubs. I'm just concerned about answering the question wrong under oath. I'm afraid they will charge us with perjury once we tell our lawyer about our mistake. Is that a reasonable fear or am I getting too worked up over this??

Comment

Honest question, is this something you even need to mention to your atty? If they were high value/collectibles or some such thing I could see saying something, but from what you say I see no point. What would they fetch at a yard sale, $20?

FWIW, I do think you are probably getting too worked up. Try to relax! *hugs*
        Filed 5/31/11 341 & Report of No Distribution 7/28/11 Discharged & Closed!! 9/29/11
        "What I won't accept or buy any longer is that my credit score defines who I am. Screw that."

Comment

Originally posted by horse View Post
          It's not that I think they would want the golf clubs. I'm just concerned about answering the question wrong under oath. I'm afraid they will charge us with perjury once we tell our lawyer about our mistake. Is that a reasonable fear or am I getting too worked up over this??
          If you are indeed getting worked up over this then yes you need to relax. When they ask such questions, they're looking for things of value. I agree that this probably isn't worth mentioning to your lawyer, but perhaps it will give you some peace of mind if you do.

Comment

I am very worked up. I have a agoraphobia and developed severe panic attack and had to be put on a sedative and anxiety medication because of this bankruptcy case. It wouldn't be so bad but I don't have a lot of faith in our attorney. A colleague of his told me and my husband before the hearing that we didn't have to correct something in our filing even though I knew it was wrong. I told him that if I know something is wrong I can't lie about it. I ended up correcting the mistake and the Trustee didn't seem to care. It wasn't really relevant to any "assets" but I can't lie. What kind of lawyer tells their clients to lie under oath? The irony is I was so worried about the mistake I needed correct and the lawyer telling us to lie...we ended up forgetting about the darn golf clubs. I should have fired him on the spot and explained to the Trustee what he told us to do. I think if we could get a dismissal I would do it...does anyone know if that is possible?

Thanks for your comments. They are appreciated. I must sound nuts!

Comment

Originally posted by horse View Post
              I think if we could get a dismissal I would do it...does anyone know if that is possible?

Thanks for your comments. They are appreciated. I must sound nuts!
              I don't think you really want to come so far to have your case dismissed. I know it can be stressful because I wanted to vomit at my own 341 but it was over within 5 minutes. Now of course you have even more waiting. Keep posting and keep asking questions when you need to. Lots of wise and helpful people here.

Comment

If it helps I accidentally gave the amount of my paycheck instead of double the amount when asked for my monthly take home pay under oath. I only work 15 hours a week and we're under median so it's not much of a mistake but I about died thinking how stupid I was to answer the question too fast. After the 341 I pulled our attorney aside and told him that I screwed up, he said he knew when I said that and if it would have mattered he would have corrected me on the spot.

If that kind of mistake can happen and be fine, I'm sure they don't care about the golf clubs!
                attorney consult and decided to file, 02/15/2010
                no-asset Chapter 7 filed, 03/11/2010
                341, 05/10/2010
                discharged, 07/13/2010

Comment

blessed...so nothing came of your mistake under oath? It just so scary to me because the Trustee asked us right before we were done if we realize our testimony is under the penalty of perjury and we said yes. So...when I thought about the golf clubs all I can think about now is being thrown in jail and our lives being over.

Comment

Okay, I am saying this with all kindness and as someone who deals with anxiety (I take Xanax & Zoloft) -- CALM DOWN

Really. Let it go. You are not going to jail over junky golf clubs, I'm sure.

Take a deep breath and let it go. This is not healthy for you! You don't want a dismissal. You need to chill before you cause big problems for yourself.
                    Filed 5/31/11 341 & Report of No Distribution 7/28/11 Discharged & Closed!! 9/29/11
                    "What I won't accept or buy any longer is that my credit score defines who I am. Screw that."

Comment

I wish it were that easy...to snap out of it. I've been reading all the horror stories about people being charged with fraud for lying under oath and all it takes is for the Trustee to take a disliking to us and next thing you know were in jail. I feel like I want to die. This process is killing me...literally. Every day I wake up with my heart racing thinking what else did we forget. I look through the house wondering did we report this or that. It crazy. When will these feelings stop?

Comment

It'll stop when you start acting like an adult and stop manufacturing things to worry about.
                        Again, nobody cares about old golf clubs.
                        BTW, where are you getting this nonsense that if a trustee takes a dislike to you that you end up in jail?

Comment

Are you on meds now?

Comment

Hard to believe that I am on meds right now...isn't it. I'm taking Lorazepam and will start Lexapro tonight. My husband told me today he's going to leave me until this is over because I have him going out of his mind too. I think I'm just going to have to resolve in my head that what happens happens and there isn't anything I can do about it. It's just hard for me because I'm pretty much alone besides my grown daughter who is very busy, my husband, and my dogs.

Comment

Take all the advice you have been given so far........it will amount to nothing.........they are not going to quibble about golf clubs as everyone has told you. You have got to settle down........you still have to get through discharge/dismissal.......LOL.....focus on me.......I have yet to stop paying cc's.......not filing for sometime and have a very long way to go..........only wish I was where you are right now.
                              Filed CH 7 4/15/11
                              341 5/23/11
                              DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X