Anyone use Legalhelpers recently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone use Legalhelpers recently?

After a few weeks delay, I finally set up 3 consultations with attorneys. One of the attorneys I had scheduled a consultation with was from this group (Legalhelpers), but I am a little concerned after the appointment I had scheduled yesterday. When I got to the office yesterday at 2:45 for a 3:00 appointment, it was in an office suite where clients basically rent the office space by the day or hour (sort of like a Regis office scenario). Not a bad thing in and of itself, but there were 5 people in the waiting room - all of them whose appointments were a couple of hours before mine. Finally, around 4, the attorney comes out and tells us she is behind - and anyone who needs to reschedule can. I rescheduled mine, as there were still 3 ahead of me. From what I had gathered, the appointments were averaging about 45 minutes to an hour each. Being diabetic, I have to follow a fairly strict regiment with my meals & medication - and I was a little concerned about the time throwing me off.

Anyway, I just wanted to kind of get an idea of what other's experience with them may have been. It's kind of hard to figure out whether having a lot of potential clients is a good thing, or if the scenaria I was in was a bad thing (from them overbooking). This was my first consultation, so I'm not sure if I'm just worrying too much - or if I should be concerned.
    Filed: 6/30/2010
    341: 7/26/2010
    Discharged: 10/6/2010

Let your first impressions guide you...move along.

LegalHelpers touts themselves as a national firm (Macey and Aleman). Although they do have offices in many major metropolitan areas, in smaller areas (like I suspect you are, it is usually a contract attorney). Most of the work is handled centrally by para legals with very little attorney involvement.

Comment

Thanks HHM - I think you're right. I've been researching other sites for information on them as well this morning, and the more I read, the more nervous I get. I think my gut instincts were right based on what I'm finding.
      Filed: 6/30/2010
      341: 7/26/2010
      Discharged: 10/6/2010

Comment

We actually have them for our Chapter 7. We are located outside of Chicago, and their main office is in Downtown Chicago. Our first meeting was at a small and I mean small office. There was a waiting room and about three offices in the back. I felt confident about our meeting when we met with the attorney, but when I came home and read the horror stories about them online I freaked out. We also used them the first bankruptcy of my husbands and they were wonderful. So far we haven't had any issues with them. Everything they told us at our first meeting and when I have called in with questions, has been consistent with what I have read on here. When you call in with questions you talk to a paralegal, unless it is something complicated, when your petition is sent in for the final review and to be filed they schedule an appointment for signing with the actual attorney. You never know what your going to get with any lawyer you hire. Just make sure who ever it is, isn't making it sound like everything is a slam dunk and trying to sell themselves to you. Just make sure you feel comfortable with them.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderingrov View Post
          Thanks HHM - I think you're right. I've been researching other sites for information on them as well this morning, and the more I read, the more nervous I get. I think my gut instincts were right based on what I'm finding.
          They usually are right.
          ==================================
          Filed: 4-30-2010
          341 Complete: 6-16-2010
          Discharged and Closed 8/17/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X