Creditor Claims are coming in for more than owed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creditor Claims are coming in for more than owed

We filed non consumer Ch. 7 and were made an asset case due to a tax refund of $1768.00. TT sent our notice to file claims, but some of the creditors are claiming amounts way higher than they are owed. This includes some that were given to CA. Can they do this? I realize that they are all only going to get around maybe $15 each (hardly worth the time to fill out, address the envelope and buy the stamp!!

Sorry I cant answer of help but I have question. Were copies of the claims sent to you directly or did you view them on Pacer ?

Comment

Saw them on PACER under "Claims Register".

Comment

If that is the only asset you have I'm not sure how it matters to you what they claim. They'll all get an even cut of $1768. I think.
        attorney consult and decided to file, 02/15/2010
        no-asset Chapter 7 filed, 03/11/2010
        341, 05/10/2010
        discharged, 07/13/2010

Comment

Originally posted by blessed View Post
          If that is the only asset you have I'm not sure how it matters to you what they claim. They'll all get an even cut of $1768. I think.
          Was just curious. Just seems to me that all should have to play fair and not exagerate $$$ owed.

Comment

Don't worry about it. You're going to loose $1768.00 any way that you look at it. No more, no less.
            All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
            Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

they are probably being dishonest but what do you care.
              filed ch7 May 09
              341 june 09
              discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

I didn't mean that in a snarky way. Also, make sure after the discharge you check your credit reports. The balance should say $0 so the claims they're making now really don't matter in the long run.
                attorney consult and decided to file, 02/15/2010
                no-asset Chapter 7 filed, 03/11/2010
                341, 05/10/2010
                discharged, 07/13/2010

Comment

Originally posted by blessed View Post
                  I didn't mean that in a snarky way. Also, make sure after the discharge you check your credit reports. The balance should say $0 so the claims they're making now really don't matter in the long run.
                  No offense taken. I did not mean to turn this thread into anything but a simple question/ simple answer. I really don't care what they do or say, I just wanted to know if they could claim anything they wanted!

Comment

I've always suspected this was the real purpose of "default rates." That and terrorizing debtors.
                    12/2009 Stopped paying CCs; 3/10 1st suit;
                    8/2010 finally served; No Asset 7 filed. 11 mos since last bal xfer
                    9/22/10 60 day club; 9/24/10 report of no distr; 11/23/10 DISCHARGED

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X