Discharged!!!

I got discharged yesterday

yay!!! thanks for the helpful posts

Originally posted by mprevatt View Post

Congrats to you!
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Great news!! The very best of luck to you and now on to a peaceful successful life. I can't wait for that to me.

Comment

Could not have come in a better time. I had two sheriffs knocking on my door today, scared the daylight out of me. It was about a debt that was discharged (now I can say that) they called the creditor and ripped into her, she had the notice and still was trying to come after me.
        I am so happy it's over!

Comment

Could not have come in a better time. I had two sheriffs knocking on my door today, scared the daylight out of me. It was about a debt that was discharged (now I can say that) they called the creditor and ripped into her, she had the notice and still was trying to come after me.
          I am so happy it's over!
          Whoa!! Did they leave you a copy of whatever it was (a summons for a lawsuit?) If so I would check the date. IF she filed a lawsuit AFTER she received notice of your bankruptcy you need to contact your attorney. That would be so blatantly wrong!
          I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

I know she filed the lawsuit before, in fact, she was one of the reasons I went ahead and filed for Chapter 7. But she received a notice and she knew that I filed, she knew the deadlines and she still went ahead and tried to enforce some deposition thing I was supposed to answer to prior to my filing for bankruptcy. She is just a former landlady of mine, trying to collect some unpaid rent. She must have spent more money on her attorney by now than what I owed her. She is crazy.

The sheriffs said she did this out of spite, and they were really stern with her over the phone. Explained to her that me being discharged means I do not have to pay her.
            But not before scaring me to death! Two HUGE guys wearing sheriff's badges, bulletproof vests, and guns were pounding on my door. Jeez! what a day.

Comment

I know she filed the lawsuit before, in fact, she was one of the reasons I went ahead and filed for Chapter 7. But she received a notice and she knew that I filed, she knew the deadlines and she still went ahead and tried to enforce some deposition thing I was supposed to answer to prior to my filing for bankruptcy. She is just a former landlady of mine, trying to collect some unpaid rent. She must have spent more money on her attorney by now than what I owed her. She is crazy.

The sheriffs said she did this out of spite, and they were really stern with her over the phone. Explained to her that me being discharged means I do not have to pay her.
              But not before scaring me to death! Two HUGE guys wearing sheriff's badges, bulletproof vests, and guns were pounding on my door. Jeez! what a day.
              I'm so sorry that she's a nut. For you and for her :-) But very glad that this is all behind you now. All my best to you and your fresh start!

Comment

Just wondering how old was the debt? I live in fear I'll hear that knock at my door. Anyway,glad you got them to go away.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X