New Guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Guy

Just found this forum doing a Google search. Lots of good info and cross tell on here.

I just retained a lawyer on the 28th of May. We file in September...it seems like forever.

Just wanted to introduce myself since I'm sure I'll be reading a lot of posts on here between now and then.

Thanks,

-Aggie

Originally posted by Aggie1138 View Post
    Just found this forum doing a Google search. Lots of good info and cross tell on here.

I just retained a lawyer on the 28th of May. We file in September...it seems like forever.

Just wanted to introduce myself since I'm sure I'll be reading a lot of posts on here between now and then.

Thanks,

-Aggie
    Welcome!! I am new too! We are going to file in July and just stopped paying CC's this month when we retained an attorney, 1 1/2 weeks ago. It is a very stressful process for me, but everyone here is very friendly and have gone through or are going through the same thing! best of luck to you!
    Retained lawyer 5/18/10
    Stopped paying CC 5/21/10
    Looking to File Ch7 in July, once we pay the Atty

Comment

Well, welcome both Aggie and LadyJenn

Those of us who already have Filed and been Discharged have already been there When it's all over, you'll wonder why you stressed so much ;) This site is a wonderful place, so just read everything you can and by the time your 341 is here, you'll be prepared.

Good Luck
      May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
      May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
      May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
      9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Thanks so much Liz! I think my biggest fear is the not knowing, AND if something were to happen after we were dischaged (such as vehicle goes ka-put) and we needed a loan. I don't think we would be able to get one....and that scares me since we have to have 2 vehichle to get to/from work.

I think everyone feels better after they file, right? Why am I so darn scared. I feel like my life has spiraled out of control, even though this has been a long process getting to where we are. We were still current until we retained lawyer and he told us not to pay. I almost feel like I am commiting a crime by doing this. Then I look back for a moment and realize that this should be a blessing to me, and that this should be the start of a fresh start for us. I am just so scared something bad is going to happen. NOTHING ever goes smooth in our lives it seems. There is always a roadbump somewhere, and my fear is that it will be after we file (hoping that goes smooth) and are dischaged that we are going to need a loan or something.
        Arghhhh....
        Retained lawyer 5/18/10
        Stopped paying CC 5/21/10
        Looking to File Ch7 in July, once we pay the Atty

Comment

Originally posted by ladyjenn View Post
          Thanks so much Liz! I think my biggest fear is the not knowing, AND if something were to happen after we were dischaged (such as vehicle goes ka-put) and we needed a loan. I don't think we would be able to get one....and that scares me since we have to have 2 vehichle to get to/from work.

I think everyone feels better after they file, right? Why am I so darn scared. I feel like my life has spiraled out of control, even though this has been a long process getting to where we are. We were still current until we retained lawyer and he told us not to pay. I almost feel like I am commiting a crime by doing this. Then I look back for a moment and realize that this should be a blessing to me, and that this should be the start of a fresh start for us. I am just so scared something bad is going to happen. NOTHING ever goes smooth in our lives it seems. There is always a roadbump somewhere, and my fear is that it will be after we file (hoping that goes smooth) and are dischaged that we are going to need a loan or something.
          Arghhhh....
          Haha! I understand. When my attorney told me to stop paying my creditors, it was hard...I had NEVER been late in over 20 years! Also, something always comes up and it's really, really hard when you have no credit card or savings to pay for it, that's why it took me a year to pay my 1st attorney! An emergency always came up, but it all worked out in the end You become pretty creative on ways to pay for things and it really makes you question "if you really NEED that"...
          As for the worrying, I think that is just natural. I know it's easy to say "don't worry", but "newbies" always do (we've all been there). You'll find some relief once you're file, then you'll worry about your "341", then the wait for Discharge!
          May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
          May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
          May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
          9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie1138 View Post

Thanks,

-Aggie
            Welcome Aggie, I have been able to obtain so much helpful information on this site. The people are nice and are all willing to help each other through this time. I haven't filed yet however, I will soon. It's so great we're not going through this alone. I know when I do file, I'll be ready.
            I'm filing Pro SE.

Comment

Originally posted by ladyjenn View Post

Arghhhh....
              I know just how you feel but we'll all get through this together!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X