top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Job after filing Ch 7 and before 341?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Job after filing Ch 7 and before 341?

My attorney is on vacation and is quite possibly the most rude and unhelpful attorney in the world anyway...my 341 is in two weeks.
    So I filed chapter 7 when I was making a certain amount at a certain job I had held for two years. I lost that job and have been unemployed for 3 weeks. If I am offered a new job at a higher salary, my lawyer said my case could be dismissed or converted but did not tell me how to handle new employment. Do I have to turn down an offer that is higher than my previous employment on purpose?! That seems ridiculous to have to turn down an offer when having been unemployed.

If the trustee asks you if anything's changed. You should mention the new job. If not you are ok.
    Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

agreed.. I was once told, bankruptcy is a picture not a movie.. now if you inherited a million dollars, or won the lottery, they yeah, that could cause trouble.. but generally what happens after does not affect the case.. if they ask if something has changed most attorneys would only care if it was significant.. so try not to stress... good luck!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X