Finally Discharged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally Discharged

Well, after 84 days, we have been discharged. Did not reaffirm mortgage, but kept my car. Quite a relief. Seems surreal. Thanks for all the help on here. Had some scary moments (Chase CC), but everything went off without any troubles.

Congrats!!! If I may ask, what problems did you have with Chase....we had three cards with them...(biting nails)
    Retained lawyer 5/18/10
    Stopped paying CC 5/21/10
    Looking to File Ch7 in July, once we pay the Atty

Comment

Originally posted by ladyjenn View Post
      Congrats!!! If I may ask, what problems did you have with Chase....we had three cards with them...(biting nails)
      They threatened to file an AP for a large CC debt. My lawyer told me to ignore them and after the initial letter, only received one phone call. He just responded with "I haven't heard their response, and could you send me the balance transfers in question." That was the end. What it was is I did a few BTs in an effort to avoid filing BK. It was well within the 90 day window, more like 45 days. I wasn't aware of the "rule" but my lawyer was confident the entire time.

Comment

Originally posted by gello View Post
        They threatened to file an AP for a large CC debt. My lawyer told me to ignore them and after the initial letter, only received one phone call. He just responded with "I haven't heard their response, and could you send me the balance transfers in question." That was the end. What it was is I did a few BTs in an effort to avoid filing BK. It was well within the 90 day window, more like 45 days. I wasn't aware of the "rule" but my lawyer was confident the entire time.
        Ahhhh...ok.....Thanks for sharing. We haven't done any BT, and hardly used the cards as of late (almost maxed) None higher than $5K
        Retained lawyer 5/18/10
        Stopped paying CC 5/21/10
        Looking to File Ch7 in July, once we pay the Atty

Comment

Congrats! Best of luck with your fresh start!

ep
          California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X