Curious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curious

I just recently filed Chapter 7 and my 341 meeting is in a few weeks. But the reason I filed wasn't due to me being irresponsible with my credit; it was due to a trifling ex-husband. Everything that was on my credit was over five years old and what he agreed to pay and keep in the divorce.....of course he didn't. So things went into collection, along with slow payments and a repossession. Considering it took me 18 years to even get child support from his a*&, I knew going to court to sue him would be a true waste of time. So to make a long story short, I had to resort to filing because companies were starting to come after me for bills and things he was "suppose" to pay and keep! Nonetheless, it WILL NEVER EVER EVER EVER happen to me again like this! If I get married again in th future, I will not put everything in my name. When I got married my credit score was 730 and now it's about 600. To prevent my check from being garnished and me being sued, in this case I had no choice. Collection agencies was not willing to hear me or work with me...THEY WANTED THEIR MONEY! Point blank. But now since I had to make the decision I did, my goal is to purchase my first home. I have never been negligent in spending money and charging up credit cards. But I know I have to re-establish my credit in order for me to purchase my first home. So say all this, do you have any companies where I can apply for a simply low credit limit credit card..maybe 250.00 or 500.00 credit limit? I know how it feels to be screwed over so I'm not trying to screw myself. Even if I can get a home loan for about 150,000; live there for about 5 years and build my equity and credit; then I can purchase my dream home. I'm not trying to keep up with the Jones's. My goal is make things better for me and my family..not dig a hole.

Well it is going to be difficult to get a credit card at all while newly in bankruptcy. Why even try now?

With all the houses around here in distress, you may be able to find one you could buy contract for Deed. With that idea, if you had to you could walk away from it free and clear. Like rent to own.

Your ex is still on the hook for child support. Sue him. The bk Court cannot get at child support and you can cause him to lose his drivers license in most states if he refuses to pay. Remember the wheel that squeaks gets the goodies. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Cool beans. Yea, after researching some more last night, I would have to wait until my BK is discharged in order to get a credit care. As far as child support, my daughter will be 19 in Dec...and I just started receiving child support 9 months ago...so sad! But every dog will have there day..yes, indeed!!!!!! So how will I know if I can do a contract for deed? I guess when that time comes, I can talk to a Realtor. And thank you for your advice...

Comment

Originally posted by thick282001 View Post
        As far as child support, my daughter will be 19 in Dec...and I just started receiving child support 9 months ago.
        If you had an order for child support prior to when you started to receive payments you can (and should) go after those payments due to you. Check out UIFSA (Uniform Interstate Family Support Act) and your local domestic relations office.
        4/14/2010 Filed Chp. 7 Pro Se :blink: 5/17/2010 341 Hearing :blush2: 5/17/2010 Trustee's Initial Report Filed :yahoo: 6/4/2010 Final Trustee Report of No Distribution :clapping: 8/2/2010 Reaffirmation Hearing (Approved) :clapping: 8/11/2010 Discharged!
        I am not an attorney. You should not consider any of my statements to be legal advice.

Comment

When the time comes - a good way to open a credit card to establish credit after the bankruptcy? Find a local credit union, start a membership, and open a secured credit card. You put money in a savings account & they give you a card. Credit unions typically do not charge the big fees that 'bad credit' credit cards tend to require. And when you no longer need that card, should be easy enough to close it out & get your deposit back.
          Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
          (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

Ok..I will check into UIFSA. And yes, I have an order of child support that was established when I filed for divorce; and it was granted by the judge in the divorce. The lazy a** could never keep a job at that time, so I guess he finally realized that this issue will NEVER go away!! And that's when I started receiving child support payments in the mail. But ole well, life goes on! It's funny how I was just talking to a friend of mine on how I may want to possibly bank with a credit union instead of a regular bank. So I will now start looking into that as well and see what options they can provide me for a secured credit card and also banking with them. Thank you both for taking the time to respond to my message.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X