Credit Score Prior to 341

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Score Prior to 341

I filed on May 7, at which time my score was 555 and today I checked again just for entertainment value and was shocked to see my score was a 710?! There's no way this could be possible, right?

Oh my! I would say not. What do you use to check your score?
    Retained lawyer 5/18/10
    Stopped paying CC 5/21/10
    Looking to File Ch7 in July, once we pay the Atty

Comment

I checked freecreditreport.com. That score was an average of all three... something had to be wrong, right?!

Comment

That score is not the FICO score...it is called the "FAKO" score. There are lots of score algorithums. CRA's have discovered a real profit center in selling scores. The lenders look at FICO scores. These other scores have no mathmatical relationship to FICO. There is even a different scale used for the score you received, check the score report to see the scale.
        Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
        Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Is there a way for an individual to get their actual scores? I know you can get your credit report, but they don't have the scores on them.
          Wife Laid off - 11/16/2009 Missed First Payments - 12/5/2009
          Filed Chap 7 - 12/31/2009
          341 - 2/12/2010
          Discharged - 4/19/2010

Comment

You can buy your FICO scores for Equifax and Transuion on www.myfico.com and those are actual FICO consumer scores. Those are as close to the lender scores as we are allowed to see.

Experian stopped selling FICO scores on Feb 14 2009 to the consumer. They now have come up with their own scoring model (that no lender actually uses) and that's what they sell you when you get their score. I think its called Score Power or something like that and it is on a 300 to 900 scale.

It is a good idea to buy the experian report to check for errors, but don't bother to buy the score - its useless.
            Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
            Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

thank you very much!
              Wife Laid off - 11/16/2009 Missed First Payments - 12/5/2009
              Filed Chap 7 - 12/31/2009
              341 - 2/12/2010
              Discharged - 4/19/2010

Comment

Originally posted by spikelavende View Post
                I filed on May 7, at which time my score was 555 and today I checked again just for entertainment value and was shocked to see my score was a 710?! There's no way this could be possible, right?
                The same thing happen to me. My score at time of filing was 544 and now less than a month later it is now 639. I'm pretty happy about that!

I got my score from Zendough which is associated with Equifax, I believe. If I remember right, when I got my Equifax credit report it suggested I sign up for Zendough to watch my credit report, so I did but will cancel after a couple of months.
                BK filing ~ May 14, 2010
                341 Meeting ~ June 29, 2010
                Discharge ~ August 31, 2010

Comment

I have been also wondering... is there a significant jump to the FICO scores post BK? I have been too chicken to look at my credit scores right now (I am sure it is in the 500s, my 341 is in a couple of weeks) but I really want to get it up by this time next year for when I move out of state.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X