Not Reaffirming . . . Now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Reaffirming . . . Now what?

So after lots of great advice on here we have decided not to reaffirm on a vehicle. So here is my question. The lawyer asked us to let him know ASAP what our intentions where on reaffirming because he was going to have to amend the petition? So what happens here? Is it that simple he will send something they will change it from reaffirm to retain and thats it or is it more complicated than that? Confused?

Same

My lawyer said I was re-affirming my car loan when I told him more than once I was not re-affirming the loan cause its a credit union and I didn't want problems later. Later after the 341 the CU called wondering if I was going to keep the car, I said no, they can pick it up anytime. They did pick up the car about 2 months after the 341. My lawyer told me that even though he put in the paperwork that I was re-affirming the loan, doesn't mean anything, I can always not re-affirm which is what I did. I didn't sign anything and they got the car. Don't make payments, keep it insured. Enjoy the free car until they pick it up.

Comment

Keep it fully insured not just liability.

Comment

Your attorney probably wants to make the change to your Statement of Intentions in your petition. Very simple one page change. You need to sign it and he files it before your discharge.
        Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
        Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X