Photo ID required?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo ID required?

Me and my better half completed the post-filing education course online last night. God was that ever painful!

We used www.CFEFA.org and this morning I have a email saying:

"Please send me copies of your photo id so we can process your post bankruptcy certificate. Please email them to me or [email protected] and you can also fax them with a cover page letting us know what course they are for to the fax number listed below."

Is this normal? Why would they need our photo id's?

I'm likely being paranoid but it seems everything is a scam nowadays.
    ==================================
    Filed: 4-30-2010
    341 Complete: 6-16-2010
    Discharged and Closed 8/17/2010

When I went through my courses it was not necessary to submit any ID.
    Chapter 7 filed December 11, 2009, 341 Meeting held on January 7, 2010
    Deadline to File a Complaint: March 8, 2010

Discharged and Closed March 11, 2010

Comment

I did not have to submit a photo id for my online course.
      You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Thanks I just thought it odd that they would need a photo id to issue the certificate.

I sent an email asking why they need a photo id and here is ther reply:

As part of our application to provide a personal financial management course, the Department of Justice, under 28 CFR Part 58.25 ("The Interim Rule") requires us to "require each detor student to provide proof of indentification, to provide his/her bankrutpcy case number, and to sign in and sign out of the course". Each approved agency must require this. The method of proof may vary. We were approved to receive photo identification.

Maybe we wasted $15, idk.
        Last edited by Blueboy; 06-09-2010, 06:53 AM.

Comment

well, if the company is registered as one allowed to do these courses, then you might as well fax them your id. i didn't have to fax anything, but maybe it was enough for them that i used my bank debit card for identification purposes. how did you pay your $15?
          filed ch7 May 09
          341 june 09
          discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

our bank debit card also.

Comment

i would search this forum for other people's experience with the same company. if they sound legit, just give it to them - they are probably trying to be extra careful, which is perfectly fine.
              filed ch7 May 09
              341 june 09
              discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

I called DOJ and confirmed it is a requirement that they verify our identities and photo id's are one means of doing this. The lady checked while I was on the call and said that this course provider was authorized to accept photo id's.

I just wanted to update in case anyone else had the same issue come up.

Comment

That's stupid. I'd just go through another. This is something they should tell you on their website. I didn't need to send any ID.
                  Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

I didn't have to either, and the fees for the counseling were incorporated into my attorney's fee.
                    C7 Filed: 2009-11-06 | 341: 2009-12-14: | DISCHARGED: 2010-02-09
                    Condo: Walked away due to 2nd mortgage intransigence; 1st foreclosed. Now totally DEBT FREE!!

Comment

Originally posted by nc73 View Post
                      That's stupid. I'd just go through another. This is something they should tell you on their website. I didn't need to send any ID.
                      I agree 100% with that.

On a side note I did call CFEFA to hear their reason for requiring photo id's when other companies don't; the lady at CFEFA said "let me put this so even you can understand this. No ID no certificate PERIOD" I thanked her for her attitude and asked if it was part of her job description to be such a jerk. Yeah she hung up on me.

Comment

That is just horrible! I'm sorry that that woman was so foul to you.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X