Chase Access Account--second chance checking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chase Access Account--second chance checking

Has anyone had any issues with Chase with this type of "second chance" checking account? I have an account with Wal-Mart moneycard (GE MoneyBank) but I am getting rid of that one because I have a account with CareCredit --which is held by GE MoneyBank--that I am BKing, and I dont want them to take the lil bit of money I have in there.

Don't know if it personally - but there seem to now be many banks that are not connected to the common credit card lenders. Have you tried looking into them? I recently opened accounts with Lockheed Federal Credit Union & Flagstar Bank. No problems with either, and will not have any debt obligations with either as well. (Opened the Flagstar account because of extended drive thru hours. 7:30am-7:00pm plus hours on Sat & Sun.)
    Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
    (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

I just enrolled in Chase's Second Chance today

Almost every major bank out there has a "second chance checking" program of some sort now. They usually charge a monthly fee - anywhere between $6 - $12.00, and after a certain amount of time will allow you to transfer into a free checking account given you maintain positive banking habits (regular deposit history, no overdrafts, etc.).

I've been looking into this for some time, and in the end I felt Chase had the best option for me. Originally I read that after 6 months you could be eligible for their free checking, but when I was there today the banker said it's a year now. They also require direct deposit (they even fill out the forms and fax them to your HR department for you -- it was a convenience for me, but also realize it's just part of their security measures). This account also does not have check writing priveledges, and your daily check card limit is $400, but all of their online banking and bill-pay options are free for us second chancers and we still get the debit card reward points.

I am like you. For the past 3 years, I've had a Visa card account through Net Spend, i.e., MetaBank. This account has been very convenient for the most part. Direct deposit is free, you can pay bills for $1.00 fee per transaction, and I pay a $9.95 monthly fee otherwise all of my Visa card transactions would also be $1.00 each. I probably would have stayed with that account forever if it weren't for the outrageous fees you have to pay if you're loading money onto your card - or into your account - at the reload centers. You're looking at anywhere from 6 - 15% cut from your funds (depending on type of funds) if you make a deposit at these places, after their cut from the funds and their processing and handling fees. In the last 6 months alone, I've lost $237.86 from 4 different non-direct-deposit transactions. Sucks. I could've bought a new set of tires that my truck so desperately needs right now.

Comment

I must be at the opposite end of the spectrum. Even though I defaulted on over $100k of Chase credit cards, I was able to open a new Chase checking account no problem at all. The nice lady even set up a new profile for me so we could just forget about that messy past.

Likewise I opened a new checking with BofA recently, totally online, similar default pattern.

The one that I can't get for some reason is PNC. And I do want that $100 bonus. :-)
        filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

I guess I am not fully understanding this bank acct stuff.

Are you saying you did this AFTER BK or just while credit was bad? I have very bad credit now, wouldn't even want to run my CR as it would be in the cellar, I'm sure. However, I was able a few months ago to open a new bank acct. without a problem. Check writing, debit card and overdraft protection included.

The only thing they told me would have thrown me into a 'special' as in riding the 'special bus', lol, would have been a blacklisting by Chexsystem.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X