clothing, dishes, serving spoons, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clothing, dishes, serving spoons, etc.

I'm working on filling out all my forms, and frankly I'm horrified at how LITTLE we have to show for our debt. I shouldn't be... a lot of that debt was from day-to-day stuff so I could pay my attorney, but still.

But, I found nowhere to put things like dishes and vacuums-do those not get accounted for unless I have something stand-out valuable? And I have a tiny little box for clothing..am I just supposed to put something generic like "store-brand middle-of-the-road standard wardrobes" and then the dollar amount?

I created a spreadsheet with all of my belongings that was very detailed, but when we completed the paperwork, we lumped it all together in general categories like "household goods and furnishings" and "clothing".

The trustee doesn't care about your vacuum or clothing or silverware or such unless it's a $5K mink coat or heirloom silver worth a lot of money. My attorney's specific instructions were to like totals in categories, unless any individual item was worth more that $600, then list it separately.
    Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

my lawyer said he puts for ALL his client something like

household goods: $1000
      clothing: $500

and doesn't think twice.
      filed ch7 May 09
      341 june 09
      discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

We were told to price everything at 'Yard Sale' prices. We also put things into categories such as 'Assorted pots and pans'-- $25.00; Clothings -- $50.00. Things like that. Even so, we probably priced everything too much. Go to several yard sales in your area to see what the going prices are.

Used furniture and appliance stores can be misleading, as we went to one Saturday, and saw a microwave oven that is identical to one we have that we bought from Wal-Mart several years ago for $39.00; this one was priced at $35.00. That is no deal, when you can get a new one for a very similar price that has a warranty attached to it.

Good luck!
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

My lawyer had us check off things that we had on a list and then she came up with the amounts. We had to mark how many beds, couches, chairs, appliances, computers, lawn mowers, televisons etc. that we had. I was a little surprised when I saw the paperwork and she had put $2000 total for household goods and $500 each for clothing for my husband and I. I guess I had expected that it would have been more for the household goods and less for the clothing. I hardly have any clothes, but she never asked how much clothing we have. I questioned it and she that those were normal amounts. We have 2 couches, 2 chairs, 2 ottomans, 2 computers, table and chairs, lawn mower, 2 TVs, 3 beds, several dressers, etc. We had plenty left in exemptions so she could have valued the stuff as more, so I am guessing that her amounts are ok.

Comment

At my thirft stores, these things are found :

1. Clothes : $5 buck to $10 a piece.

2. Dishes, glasses, cups, etc.. :20 cents to 95 cents a piece;

3. Spoons, knifes, utensils, etc. : 50 cents $1 buck each.

Etc.. Etc.. the list goes on, etc...

Take a solar-calculator with you when punch-shopping... and start a fun counting game

Comment

No idea why we have to list stuff that never gets taken away from you anyways. They can come take all my stuff I don't care. I don't even own a TV at the moment.
              Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X