top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is the 6-month of income for eligibility calculated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is the 6-month of income for eligibility calculated?

So as of now me and the wire are over the average income for our household of 2. We have a baby due in September. My income alone will be under the average household in FL for 3 after the wife stops working. She is anticipating stopping working at the end of July, so February 1st would be 6 months of making under the average income. So what date do they go by when determining if youve been under the limit for 6 months? Also do we have to have 3 in our household for the entire 6 months or just at the time of filing?

Originally posted by JoJoCal19 View Post
    So as of now me and the wire are over the average income for our household of 2. We have a baby due in September. My income alone will be under the average household in FL for 3 after the wife stops working. She is anticipating stopping working at the end of July, so February 1st would be 6 months of making under the average income. So what date do they go by when determining if youve been under the limit for 6 months? Also do we have to have 3 in our household for the entire 6 months or just at the time of filing?
    You can claim the child as in your household the moment they are born.

As far as your other question, you already answered it yourself :-) If your wife quits her job at the end of July, then you would look at August through January as the 6 months without her income. Filing Feb 1st, would be fine.

Take a peek though during those months at your monthly income, you may not have to wait until February for the income to come down enough to be under the median.
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
      Take a peek though during those months at your monthly income, you may not have to wait until February for the income to come down enough to be under the median.
      Amen on that one!! It's just your six month average that has to be under. You may hit that mark before waiting six months. That's what I'm hoping. Six months for us with our adjusted income won't be until November. I'm so hoping we can hit it before then though. Ready to put this behind us!!

Congratulations on the new baby!
      04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X