Future Income

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Future Income

If I file in November of this year, will they look ahead to see if they can take future income?

The company I work for is doing well and next March I will probably get some kind of bonus. If I file in November will they plan to take any bonus I get next March?
    Filed 1/27/2011
    341 3/28/2011

Originally posted by hughewil View Post
    If I file in November of this year, will they look ahead to see if they can take future income?

The company I work for is doing well and next March I will probably get some kind of bonus. If I file in November will they plan to take any bonus I get next March?
    ?????? You'd be discharged by that time. So why worry?
    Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

I guess I am wondering if during the BK process can the trustee look at projected lump sum payment and garnish them, kind of like they can take a tax refund.
      Filed 1/27/2011
      341 3/28/2011

Comment

Originally posted by hughewil View Post
        I guess I am wondering if during the BK process can the trustee look at projected lump sum payment and garnish them, kind of like they can take a tax refund.
        No. NO. Unless it is an inheritance or a lottery winning within 180 days of filing the trustee does not control your future finances in a Chapter 7.
        Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
        I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Unless it's guaranteed, I wouldn't mention it.
          Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

Originally posted by nc73 View Post
            Unless it's guaranteed, I wouldn't mention it.
            Not guaranteed, it is a company performance bonus that various depending on how well the company does each year. This year it was a few hundred, a couple of years ago a few thousand, once it was 0.
            Filed 1/27/2011
            341 3/28/2011

Comment

The correct answer is that you just don't know. In this economic downturn, many companies are foregoing all types of bonuses that used to be considered expected. You simply don't know if or what you may receive. TBS, I hope you receive an outrageous one. Enjoy it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X